Severe Weather search at KGMB9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severe Weather search at KGMB9

Erika reports this morning that Channel 9 is looking for a Chief Meteorologist. Does that mean that either Hagi or Booth are bailing? That question may or may not have been asked when preparing the story - but remains unanswered in The Buzz:

http://www.starbulletin.com/business..._for_KGMB.html

Re: Severe Weather search at KGMB9

Maybe Hagi is just doing 5pm and 6pm to spend more time with Kim and the kids? Then the chief meteorologist will be at 10pm? My guess...

BUT I don't think it really makes any sense to hire for this position, especially in this market. It's HAWAII for goodness sake...sheesh!! Hagi already does a great job in reporting Hawaii weather. If it's the mainland, that's a WHOLE different story...

Comment

Ahhh, KGMB9 Sunrise just announced that Jeff Booth will be leaving the station (his last day is on the 20th) to move back to his homestate of Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
        Ahhh, KGMB9 Sunrise just announced that Jeff Booth will be leaving the station (his last day is on the 20th) to move back to his homestate of Ohio.
        Oh poop! I really enjoy his humor and his comraderie with his colleagues. I thought he was a great addition to the Sunrise team. I was wondering why the station was splitting the traffic and weather reporting positions. Jeff's move must've had something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Oh poop! I really enjoy his humor and his comraderie with his colleagues. I thought he was a great addition to the Sunrise team. I was wondering why the station was splitting the traffic and weather reporting positions. Jeff's move must've had something to do with it.
          He said on the show that it nothing to do with the on-air talent he worked with and the position he was holding. It was about his family, and it was important to him that his daughters (with another baby on the way) should be close to his home and family in Ohio.
          Last edited by bcr1652; May 11, 2009, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            I was wondering why the station was splitting the traffic and weather reporting positions. Jeff's move must've had something to do with it.

He said on the show that it nothing to do with the on-air talent he worked with and the position he was holding. It was about his family, and it was important to him that his daughters (with another baby on the way) should be close to his home and family in Ohio.
            I think what tutusue is trying to say is that the station may have decided to split weather and traffic duties because Jeff would be leaving soon. Sounds plausible. KGMB probably knew about Jeff's intention to leave for quite a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by l14dap View Post
              I think what tutusue is trying to say is that the station may have decided to split weather and traffic duties because Jeff would be leaving soon. Sounds plausible. KGMB probably knew about Jeff's intention to leave for quite a while now.
              Oh ok. I gotcha! =)

Comment

Originally posted by l14dap View Post
                Exactly!

Jeff and family went home to Ohio for the holidays and he even did some reports from there. Sounds like that trip mighta been the ol' frosting on the cake, as it were! For some reason I thought he was married to a local girl...not that it matters with regard to their move, of course!

I wish him and his family well. I think Jeff has a lot of talent and I hope he's able to put it to good use in Ohio. I'll miss his antics!

Comment

I really wonder if those LIVE weather tryouts on KGMB9 Sunrise this past week were just simply for ratings... and not for actual weathercasters, especially they were mostly local celebrities.

I wonder who's gonna replace Jeff? Any predictions/speculations? We'll have to tune in on Tuesday for the correct answer!

Comment

I really wonder if those LIVE weather tryouts on KGMB9 Sunrise this past week were just simply for ratings... and not for actual weathercasters, especially they were mostly local celebrities.

I wonder who's gonna replace Jeff? Any predictions/speculations? We'll have to tune in on Tuesday for the correct answer!
                    <cough>Malika to Sunrise<cough>
                    <cough>Ben Gutierrez Weekends/Reporter<cough>

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
                      <cough>Malika to Sunrise<cough>
                      <cough>Ben Gutierrez Weekends/Reporter<cough>
                      hmmm. MAYBE!

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
                        Ben Gutierrez
                        Wow, you got Ben right.

And Dan Cooke, where has he been?
                        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
                          Wow, you got Ben right.

And Dan Cooke, where has he been?
                          HA HA HA HA

You sneaked in on April 28th.

Wea you been Adrian? Welcome back to you too.

And Congratulations to Dan Cooke and Ben G.

W00T!! W00T! W00T!! The master is back in morning! Go Ben!
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

eric and i will heartily miss jeff booth's nerdy, trek-loving, yoga-impersonating, bad moonwalking, acid-wash-jean wearing, dorkily humor-laced weather reports. he, along with the rest of the sunrise crew, had a style of morning tv news that we find fun and informative. i hope ohio loves him as much as we do.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                            X