They don't come in black fishnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They don't come in black fishnet

So I had an appointment with a vascular surgeon about a rather nasty looking vein on my leg. Turns out it's not that bad it's the one you can't see on the
    other leg that could eventually raise concern.......They do a full leg ultrasound from the ankles to the groin, this takes forever! Listening to the sounds of your veins is really strange especially when they make you blow your stomach out as far as possible then let go and breathe.

The ultimate recommendation was compression stockings. So I took my prescription to the place that has them and waited and waited. This orthopedic supply company is in the building that was the old Hamada store on Queen St.
    I remember Hamada store well as I used to work for a company that roasted coffee and had tours (I led them) and did what is now commonly known as barista work for them 24 years ago, we'd have to go buy milk there quite often and I always enjoyed the people who worked at the store.

Anyway I'm finally with the fitter and they have to be licensed (seems like a good thing) and he was really cool and helpful. I asked does this come in black fishnet with a seam and he laughs and says "only flesh-tone" so he brings my size back (I asked for open toe, gotta show that pedicure!) and immediately I ask "WHO'S fleshtone?" certainly not mine nor anyone I can think of. Anyway he shows me how to put it on, take it off and all that and
    I go to pay. When I do they reinforce the fact that insurance does not pay for this sort of thing. I'm thinking, it's not cosmetic in that I'd like to get one,
    my doctor for god's sake ordered it on an Rx form but whatever I need it and will have to use it on airplane trips. And, everyone who has seen the Rx and heard the name of my doctor is in awe, at least I'm in good hands!

The week before I saw my opthamologist (sp?) and he said my bifocals were in need of stronger proportions.........I have come to realize what my 83 year old mom says weekly "gettin' old ain't for sissies!" I just turned 51 in November for heaven's sake! at least I have minimal gray!
    Last edited by leashlaws; March 23, 2009, 05:37 PM. Reason: add info
Working...
X