Revolutionary Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolutionary Road

Helen, I'm going to follow your lead and comment on movies.

Yesterday afternoon I went to the Hollywood Cinema at Restaurant Row at Ala Moana and Punchbowl. This was the first time I'd been to this theatre. You park in the parking structure for free, just be sure to keep the parking ticket. You feed it back into the machine to get out. The parking entrance is on the back side of the block. This movie cost $1 to see. All of the staff from the ticket seller to the ticket takers to the concessions stand ladies were super friendly. The theatre was small and cozy. It was about 3/4 full and felt comfortable.

This movie is intense in the extreme. No car chases or explosions. This is about emotions, relationships, choices, and existential dilemmas. The story is excellent, albeit very challenging and draining. The dialogue was good and the acting was superb IMO. Blanchett and DiCaprio go right to the wall, as did the guy who played the depressed man.

This movie is cut from the same cloth as "Closer". If you liked Closer, you'll like this. It's kind of post-millenial "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf" in some respects. You will not leave the theater feeling lighter. But it was amazing. I'm glad I saw it.
Working...
X