is 30 too old for Easter eggs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is 30 too old for Easter eggs?

A friend of mine tried making silk-dyed Easter eggs the other day and said it was really easy.

Comment

She's got eggs, she knows how to use them.
      She never begs, she knows how to choose them.
      She's holdin' eggs, wonderin' how to feel them.
      Would you get behind them, if you could only find them?
      She's my baby, she's my baby,
      yeah, it's alright.

Comment

Peshkwe and Adri: as a kid I stumbled across a National Geographic article about Ukrainian pysanky eggs and was fascinated. It took decades before I decided to try it myself, but once I did I was hooked.
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice eggs, Eric. Are they from this Easter?

Comment

Cool eggs Eric, the coloring parties looked like fun.

Comment

I haven't thought about Easter Eggs since I was a kid, and that was many years ago, but those Pysanky eggs look really cool and fun to do.

Comment

Our son will be 22 in August, but we have never stopped dyeing eggs! They get eaten up right away, though, in the potato salad and as deviled eggs, and man, they are good. I love it when the dye gets thru the cracks and leaves "veins" inside. I usually scoop up some of the coloring kits the day after Easter, so they are cheaper, and keep them on hand for the next year(s). We'll never quit coloring eggs! Happy Easter, everyone!

Comment

I'm very sad that I didn't get to dye eggs this Easter. I always do, and I'm 28. And when you're an adult and no kids are around, using white crayon to write "fun" messages on the eggs before you dye them is an added bonus.

Speaking of wrapping leaves, TG...did you ever solve the problem of the Fugly Lamp that S bought? Did you hurl it at the closet (ha ha) or take the wuss way out and make the leaves into honus?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

although my post is a day late..you are never too old for easter eggs....why just last week; i mentioned to my bestest friend ever that i better have an easter basket or else before easter sunday...much to my suprise i received one....shortly after her siblings convinced her that i was never too old for an easter basket....they all of course laughed at the thought....my goodie easter basket was filled with love, kit kat, butter fingers easter eggs etc...etc....

i don't have issues....i'm just a huge selfish spoiled rotten 34 soon to be 35 year old baby

mahalo ht ohana

*waves at TG* - afternoon gorgeous!!
                    stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                      TG...did you ever solve the problem of the Fugly Lamp that S bought? Did you hurl it at the closet (ha ha) or take the wuss way out and make the leaves into honus?
                      ugh! that lamp! S is very proud if the fact that his nightstand lamp looks like a reject prop from "The Golden Girls", and I don't have the heart to mess with it. Tee hee - it is SO hideous!!

Easter morning I woke up and all my pretty eggs were gone!! He woke up earlier than me and hid them!! It was super fun! Thank goodness I found them all, but I'm sure that if i had missed one, it'd be really easy to find it by now...

(...waves back to SP!)
                      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Working...
                      X