Bob's Big Boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob's Big Boy

Damn. Now where am I going to get my chocolate malts?

Big Boy Restaurant Burns
    Restaurant In Mapunapuna Heavily Damaged
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30192081/

Re: Bob's Big Boy

I saw that moments ago on the Advertiser's website too. Apparently the fire started in the kitchen.
    Big bummer for myself and a few other HTers who are long-time fans. I usually eat there at least once a month, usually when I go to get supplies at Grainger across the street. Re-living childhood memories, I suppose.
    I hope they re-open SOON.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Oh! No! No!

One of my favorite places to go! I love the menu and service. And the desserts! Especially, their Fried Chicken on Thursdays! Wishing them well.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I always go there with my Dad's side when back home for ono pies. Also wishing them well.
        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

I had always noticed the place near my home but had never been there. Looking on the web I found that it had almost zero good reviews so never bothered to check it out myself. I was surprised to see that BOB/BBB has some fans. Perhaps this merits a perfunctory visit when it re-opens.
          You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

I was wondering what was going on at 5:00 am at that location as I was going to work passing by on the freeway. I had seen police vehicles blocking the off ramp next to Bob's.

Comment

We go there like every Wednesday or Friday...totally sucks. Was gonna go there for my birthday and take home some choco-mac nut cookies

But when they rennovate and have the grand re-opening it'll be awesomeee.
              myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

A banner there reads that there will be a grand opening soon, but it doesn't say when. It's a shame about the fire - I started going there just a few years ago and found that their meals are quite reasonable and pretty tasty as well... especially breakfast. There was also a lot of charm in their 70's decor, such as the stained-glass windows and the wrought-iron light fixtures, but it's a great time for them to modernize things a bit. I'm looking forward to their reopening, and many more years of good grinds there.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post

Big Boy Restaurant Burns
                  Restaurant In Mapunapuna Heavily Damaged
                  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30192081/

i think wailana coffee shop does malts, as does the counter burger in kahala mall.
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
                    Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                    i think wailana coffee shop does malts, as does the counter burger in kahala mall.
                    At Dillingham & Waiakamilo: Bob's Bar-B-Q (no relation to the Big Boy, LOL). Been awhile since I've been there, but they used to have malts as well.

Don't know if that's still the case, maybe I'll go check it out this weekend...
                    To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Working...
                    X