Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Too close for comfort?

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
    This is the moment a US Navy pilot gave a shocked resident a very close look at his F18. The fighter/bomber streaked
    past an apartment block on the banks of the Detroit River at the weekend.
    Effing BAD ASS, can we say that here, oh well, sorry, but DAMN that is awesome!!!!
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

• Re: Too close for comfort?

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      Kinda like what TutuSue wrote, but a couple of years ago the Blue Angels were here in Kaneohe Bay. On practice day (before they start the real show days) they fly all around the area taking note of landmarks, etc. A formation of four flew right over me just a couple of hundred feet overhead, and one pilot definitely did wave at us. Yikes! Here's four jets screaming along at 400+ knots and just feet apart from each other... shouldn't the pilot be keeping his eyes on what he's doing?!?
      Amazing.
      And we get tickets for using our cell phones in the car as long as the engine is running - even if we're pulled over to the curb.
      Huh!

Actually, they were probably getting an idea of what areas to avoid and what limits they had to avoid accidents. The Blue Angels have lost around 20 pilots at airshows during their long career. The Thunderbirds, with a shorter history, lost two pilots at airshows that I heard about, but others in training and other accidents.

A dangerous profession,to be sure.

K
      Last edited by Kaonohi; November 19, 2009, 01:31 PM.
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 6

Shoots, matapule. The spoiler link no workee for me; must be a message from above!

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
          Jiggy is just DARLING!!

I can just imagine petting all those wrinkles.....
          hmmm, I was thinking about getting an eyelift to remove some of the wrinkles around my eyes... but hey. If you people like em...
          ~~~~~~
          Hanalei Bay Resort | Waipouli Beach Resort | Kuhio Shores

Comment

flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
            God

Comment

How strange...as I get older, wrinkles are more attractive.

I vote for no facelift.

Oh, yeah...and to stay on topic, here's a recent pic from Waimea Valley.

Trying the pic again.

Well, it's working on my preview, so here goes.
              Last edited by cyleet99; November 21, 2009, 08:56 PM.

Comment

No dice, hun. Where are you hosting from?
                flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                God

Comment

• That's strange, Tat. I can see it in my post, but your post right below says you can't. I have been using smugmug...

I even left HT and relogged and it is still there...not in the first attempt, but in the second one.

And now it's gone!!! Whutsupwidat?? I checked my old pics on this thread and they are still here, but smaller. Maybe I should try a smaller version?

I had another thought. This pic is of a rock in the stream at Waimea that looks exactly like a big ole gray okole. Do you think it may have hit some kind of site blocker?

Oh, now I know...it was in an unlisted gallery.

Comment

While I think the F/A18 photo is truly spectacular, I have to remind people here that this thread is for the posting of your own original photos and not copyrighted content as indicated by the "AP" bug on the left hand bottom corner of the F/A18 photo.

The Sharpei puppy is a cute bag of wrinkles. Good photos there.

That all said here is a recent original photo I took.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/macprohawaii/4126093966/
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

My only subject matter these days!

Here's my dog saying hi to my son

-kp!

Comment

Great photos Mel and everyone else.

And Cyleet, that photo is a crack-up... oops.
                        ~~~~~~
                        Hanalei Bay Resort | Waipouli Beach Resort | Kuhio Shores

Comment

An unintentional shadow on our front door!
                          An African Woman?

Here are the items that created it.
                          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I've been out of circulation for a while. I was in Thailand and Cambodia for a couple of weeks and I've been spent the rest of the time since getting back trying to get my head back on straight!

There have been so many great shots that I can't make note of all, but here are a few of my favorites:

Originally posted by HanaleiRay View Post
                            Here's a picture I took of Utah's snow-capped, Henry Mountains from Lake Powell.
                            Very nice!

Originally posted by mel View Post
                            Gecko Shadow: Look closely and you can see part of the lizard.
                            This one totally kills, Mel.

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                            Please welcome the newest member to my family! Jiggy VonBarenjager the II, he just flew in from Texas.
                            If you can't love Jiggy, your warm and fuzzy button is broken. Get to a Dr. . . . fast!

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                            This stream shot is another Ace, Tat.

Comment

I am going to make a blog about my trip to South East Asia on the advice of someone I'm close to. But I can't resist posting a small taste for your viewing pleasure.

This first pic is the view from the huge, open balcony of my luxury suite on 55th floor of my hotel in Bangkok, Lebua at State Tower. This place is a whole story in and of itself. "High" luxury over the Chao Praya River.

This second picture is of a young girl outside of Angkor Wat, near Siem Reap, Cambodia. She sold me some handmade bracelets. She was such a little sunbeam she gave me the courage to ask to take her photo. This is the gift she gave me.

This pic was taken in Chiang Mai, Thailand during the Y Ping Festival, otherwise known in the south as Loy Krathong. Again, this is a whole 'nother story, but it was so beautiful.

Comment

This is me giving my "elephant for a day" a bath, getting her ready for the trip through some seriously mountainous jungle, bareback. Actually, I sat with the middle of my shins right against the tops of the backs of her ears, pretty much on top of her head. Nothing to hang on to, but thankfully, an elephants head turns out to be an incredibly stable place to be. This was one of the finest experiences of my life. Her name is Maewandi (may-wan-DEE).

I came upon these two little shavers walking into a remote Lisu hilltribe village. When they approached me, they held out thier hands in a cupped manner. I wasn't sure what exactly to do, but I was carrying a bottle of iced tea. They motioned that it was the tea they wanted. So, I cracked it open and gave it to them. They got seriously excited. I was able to snap this photo after they had calmed down a little.

After sunset at a temple above Angkor Wat, I came upon these men playing traditional Khmer Wedding Music. I pulled out my MP3 recorder that I can make CD quality recordings with. The closest man in the picture saw what I was doing and motioned me to set it front and center on their platform. Then he invited me to sit on the platform beside him. Then he handed me a large leaf, kind of like a giant bayleaf (making something like a more musical kazoo), and invited me to start playing along with them. I declined due to my reserved nature. I regret it. I won't make that mistake again.

Comment

Working...
                                X