HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 6

Great shots, everyone! Please keep 'em coming!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

The fall colors are very beautiful. I know I will never see that kind of stuff here in Hawaii and have no intention of traveling to see these. I still have yet to go an see the plume cloud coming out of Kilauea volcano... and that is too far for me, even when I am on the Big Island...

Early this morning I was tipped off and caught this photo of the Russian built Anotov AN 225, the world's biggest plane, taking off in the Honolulu skies.

I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Great shot Mel! That is indeed one big hummer.

Comment

That's amazing.
          It looks like a whale in the sky.
          ~~~~~~
          Hanalei Bay Resort | Waipouli Beach Resort | Kuhio Shores

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
            Early this morning I was tipped off and caught this photo of the Russian built Anotov AN 225, the world's biggest plane, taking off in the Honolulu skies.
            Nice shot, Mel! I actually got on board that same jet at HNL a little over a decade ago. It had been chartered by the owners of two 80' racing sailboats to bring them over from the east coast for the Kenwood Cup series here. I got to be on the tarmac at the hangars when the plane arrived. (18 wheels to support the size and weight of that jet!) Then I got to go inside the jet. The whole nose raises up, and the interior was just one giant cavern. There's a ladder on the port side of the fuselage to climb up to the cockpit. I've got photos of that whole morning, but they're in a box somewhere.
            You can read about the Antonov AN 225 at this link.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Would be great to see those pictures someday LikaNui. I think the biggest jet I been in was probably the C5 or some other military transport plane that was on display at Hickam some years back. I remember walking in from the front and getting out from the rear. That was pretty big.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Went to the Waimanalo Country Fair this afternoon with Turtlegirl and her significant other (whom I would refer to by name but I'm not sure he wants to be famous on HT). It was truly a beautiful thing. Everybody was happy and having a good time. Kids were playing carnie games and going on rides. I thought it was a great little carnival too. It reminded me of the carnivals that came through town every summer when I was a kid.

I snapped a handful of pics as we made our way around. I didn't realize it until just now, but the boy in the last two pics is the same little guy.

Last edited by Jim75; October 18, 2009, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I know it was a blast! I gotta make it next year, worked this weekend uggh.

After all the outdoorsy type shots...
                  Here's my station. Truly don't mind doing dishes, especially after all the wonderful dishes she serves!

Placed a couple of years ago and Mrs. Menehune added the the ladies a year ago about. I just painted over the window to nowhere and now I'm in my sand castle at the beach!

not sure why, but it just caught my eye tonight? So took a photo...
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Went for brunch at Lulu's this moring with friends...
                    Then walked around and through the craft fair, purchasing a few items even!

Here are some ducklings in the pond near the Kapiolani Park Bandstand.

Here's a link to more photos of today
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Here's a picture I took of Utah's snow-capped, Henry Mountains from Lake Powell. The picture was actually taken in April a couple of years ago. Although things were calm when I snapped this, the wind kicked up later in the week and nearly blew our houseboat off its mooring.

~~~~~~

Comment

Gecko Shadow: Look closely and you can see part of the lizard.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I like that shot Mel.
                          ~~~~~~

Comment

Amazing, as always all!
                            flickr

An email from God:
                            To: People of Earth
                            Date: 9/04/2007
                            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                            God

Comment

awesome pic! sorry if i missed it (haven't been tracking this thread) but what camera did you use to get this shot and what were the settings?
                              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Thanks for the kudos on the photo above.

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
                                awesome pic! sorry if i missed it (haven't been tracking this thread) but what camera did you use to get this shot and what were the settings?
                                Canon Powershot S5 iS, ƒ3.5 @ 1/320 sec. 100 ISO 72.0mm
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X