HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 6

Nice photo of the last sunset of 2009, LN. And nice photo of the first sunrise of 2010, Mel.

I was planning to go to Diamond Head to take a photo of the first sunrise of 2010, but for one reason or another, didn’t do it this year. But watching and photographing the first sunrise of the year has been a personal tradition for me for the last decade or so. The results are not as good as your photo(s), Mel, but that doesn’t matter. It’s kind of a catharsis for me. It is also a Japanese tradition, which is why there are always so many Japanese there waiting for the sun to rise. But a lot of locals are also present, especially surfers, and the amazing surfers' garden. The pre-dawn atmosphere on the slope of Diamond Head is so mellow and peaceful and reflective.

This is a much better way to ring in the New Year than detonating dynamite-like fireworks.

Comment

Here are a few pics I took of the Obamas arriving for their vacation a few weeks ago.
      Attached Files
      What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Right when they got off the plane.
        Attached Files
        What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Few more pics.
          Attached Files

Comment

On the beach at Magic Island.... Today, 1-10-2010.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

what very cool, interesting photo!
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Sunsets, sunrises, the President and Michelle, Magic Island... Really choice folks!
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

A secret tunnel to the sea!

Park at the Lanai lookout, walk out the lower end, carefully cross the very busy road to the little valley. Where you'll find the tunnel beneath the road to the sea. Beautiful views! There are other shots... of the tunnel's exit from seaside, a choice bridge, sea urchins, etc. in this Flickr Set

Info on Lanai Lookout and the "LOST" TV show filming here! Here's the link

I love this place. Even saw whales way off-shore, no good shots.

Comment

My view through sunglasses. You should check this place out!

Comment

LOST held a film shoot at the Bishop Museum on 1/13/2010
                      A concert and getting in the limo, and...
                      I only took these two shots after the filming wrapped up...

But my friend took alot of great ones!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawaii/

Comment

A couple of photos I shot early today (Feb. 6).

This plane nearly flew right over me at Kakaako Waterfront Park.

P&O Cruises "Arcadia" arriving at Honolulu Harbor early this morning (Feb. 6).

More photos in this series at this link:

Slideshow Ships & Planes from Kakaako Waterfront Park - 38 photos
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Here's another ship shot! Taken on Feb. 1st, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                            Here's another ship shot! Taken on Feb. 1st, 2010
                            That's the Marimed Foundation's "Makani Olu" on its way back to its mooring here in Kaneohe Bay. (You can see several shots of it in the Boating Photos thread.) Nice shot, MM. Also liked your shades and tunnel shots!
                            And nice shots too, Mel!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Notice in this shot of the KC-10A tanker that the wings' leading edge slats and rear flaps are extended downward for maximum lift and reduced stall speed. which explains why an aircraft this large and heavy (in this case full of fuel) can fly at what may appear to be "drop out of the sky" air speed on takeoff and landing.

Originally posted by mel View Post
                              A couple of photos I shot early today (Feb. 6).

This plane nearly flew right over me at Kakaako Waterfront Park.
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

First off...Right on Likanui for the info on that 3 masted Schooner!

Taken this morning. I call it Self Imposed Solitary.
                                Spent 2 hours out there and swam all around. Wonderful...

And the Flickr set.

Comment

Working...
                                X