FREE Mini Sirloin Burgers at Jack in the Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE Mini Sirloin Burgers at Jack in the Box

And there’s NO other purchase necessary!
    Offer is supposed to be valid through Sunday, 4/26.

The article below says that more information is available on the Jack in the Box website. I checked, but didn't find anything there. Haven't seen anything on TV either.

So, just to see if this was for real, my friend & I went to Jack in the Box last night (corner of King/Piikoi). The drive-through was packed with cars but in-store was empty, so we went inside.

Told the counter person that we wanted to try the “Free Mini Burger”…
    She informed us that it was “one per person,” which we were already aware of. (The actual menu item is a three-pack of mini sirloin burgers).

Other than reminding us about “one per person”, there was no problem!
    And if you just want a little snack, one mini sirloin burger is just right.

I’m sure that Jack in the Box hopes to at least get some additional sales…
    Should work to some extent, because I ended up buying a small shake as well.
    (Would have felt guilty otherwise, LOL.)

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------

As reported in The Honolulu Advertiser, Monday 04/20/09:
    http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...ING05/90420051

Jack in the Box offering free mini sirloin burgers this week

Starting today through Sunday, Jack in the Box restaurants in Hawaii — except the Hilo location — are offering a free mini sirloin burger to anyone mentioning the challenge. There's a limit of one burger per individual.
    The new Mini Sirloin Burgers are a trio of all-sirloin patties, which are seasoned while cooking, topped with American cheese, grilled onions and ketchup, and served on small, bakery-style buns reminiscent of Hawaiian sweet rolls.
    There are 26 Jack in the Box restaurants in Hawaii, and 2,170 total in 18 states.
    For more information, visit www.jackinthebox.com.
    To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Re: FREE Mini Sirloin Burgers at Jack in the Box

Is it better than a teri-burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      Is it better than a teri-burger?
      @Walkoff Balk,

I wouldn't say it was better than a teri-burger... but it was okay.

For a "slider" / mini-burger, the meat portion was fairly thick and moist. I think the cheese also helped to seal in the moisture. The seasoning kind of reminded me of the May's brand of beef patties.

I'd give it a "6" on a scale of 1 to 10. (As a point of reference, my "10" would be a half-pound Kua Aina Bacon Burger, cooked rare).

If I wanted a BBQ-style burger... I'd go to W&M or Pee-Wee's.

And for Teri-Steak Kim Chee Sandwiches, I really miss the old Big-Way Burger in Wahiawa! Made with teriyaki steak, NOT ground beef mixed with teriyaki seasoning, those were also a "10." With Grandma Choi's cabbage kim chee... winnah!

Comment

Had a few yesterday..., thank you..., and they were actually pretty good, especially for JITB! Loose the ketchup and fake cheese for more onions, some mayo and maybe BBQ sauce, make them sized as a real burger, well done, and I'd buy them, and I don't buy burgers (excepting for BK's whopper style, for some reason I like them) 'cause I make the best ever. But I gotta try the ground teri steak style mentioned above!
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Got my free Mini Sirloin Burger tonight and I also purchased two orders of the Mini Sirlon Burgers plus a Diet Coke (7 mini burgers total).

Comment

T'anks, eh, Musubi!
            Went and asked for my 'free trial' mini-sirloin burger, the cashier said nothing but the server asked for the 'code word' - I said, "I need a code word???" She smiled and said "No need."

I drove away and though it tasted good, I had to pull over to eat it! It was sliding around and dripping worse than a Whopper!

Maybe instead of banning cell phones while driving we ought to ban eating fast-food-burgers while driving.

I liked it, but I got the impression each mini-burger is normally $2.75. Or is that for 3? One is not worth $2.75, IMNSHO.
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
              T'anks, eh, Musubi!
              @Kaonohi, you're welcome! Glad to see that some of us have been able to take advantage of this freebie.

Maybe instead of banning cell phones while driving we ought to ban eating fast-food-burgers while driving.
              LOL, burgers aren't the only driving hazard... Once upon a time, my brother hit a parked car. He had just exited a Taco Bell drive-thru, and the package with the Burrito Supremes slid off the seat. So, he bent down to pick it up, and... "BAM!"

In all fairness, he was still a rookie driver at the time; I think he'd gotten his driver's license just a couple of weeks before it happened. But we've never let him live it down, heheh.

... I got the impression each mini-burger is normally $2.75. Or is that for 3? One is not worth $2.75, IMNSHO.
              I thought that the regular menu item was a three-pack, so I think that price is for three of the mini-burgers. Perhaps Helen can confirm?

Comment

They sell it as 3 mini burgers per box. The free offer is just one mini burger in a paper envelope (like the type they use for the small fries).

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                  They sell it as 3 mini burgers per box. The free offer is just one mini burger in a paper envelope (like the type they use for the small fries).
                  Mahalo.
                  Dispite the 'slip&slide,' I enjoyed my burger. At about $0.90 each, they are worthwhile and tasty!
                  WARNING: Park and Eat! or Go Inside.
                  OR, we will soon have a new law (like we need more laws when HPD can't even enforce the laws on the books.)

Nothing personal, BC, we know the machine was broken when you accepted it.
                  Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                  ~ ~
                  Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                  Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                  Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Now, I see thay've been selling sirloin burgers for a while...

...at $8 a crack! No friggin way I'll ever pay $8 for anything at JITB.

But they've been good all week, and I've still got a few more hours left for the freebies!
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

D'oh. Never made it out to a JITB to try these. Interesting that they surfaced soon after Burger King started offering its own "Burger Shots." Is this the answer to a weak economy? Smaller sandwiches?

Interestingly, per ounce, they're as expensive as anything else on the menu... but the psychology is enough to trick you into "splurging" on sides or drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                        Interesting that they surfaced soon after Burger King started offering its own "Burger Shots."
                        Yeah, I noticed that too. But I think that JITB is doing a better job promoting their product. It wouldn't have killed BK to do some sampling, but I don't recall them doing any. I also think Jack's TV commercial with the dwarf cattle and cowpokes beats the BK commercial with the hot chicks attracted to the nerd's "cute burgers."

...Is this the answer to a weak economy? Smaller sandwiches?
                        LOL... Yeah, maybe it's to set up the next Rick Moranis sequel: "Honey, I Shrunk the Economy... and the Burgers, Too!"

Interestingly, per ounce, they're as expensive as anything else on the menu... but the psychology is enough to trick you into "splurging" on sides or drinks.
                        I do think you're on to something here. I can see how someone could easily rationalize adding on drinks or side items because they're just having two or three "mini" burgers.

Actually, although those mini burgers are small... they're quite filling. I think the bread to meat ratio is actually "higher" for the mini burgers (i.e., more bread than meat).

Comment

I tried the Burger King version a few months ago and thing that stuck in mind was the taste of pickle in each of their mini-burgers.

Comment

Originally posted by musubi View Post
                            I also think Jack's TV commercial with the dwarf cattle and cowpokes beats the BK commercial with the hot chicks attracted to the nerd's "cute burgers."
                            Absolutely. Jack in the Box's television marketing is some of the best out there. My wife thinks the Mini Sirloin Burger ads are hilarious. Almost excessively so!
                            Actually, although those mini burgers are small... they're quite filling. I think the bread to meat ratio is actually "higher" for the mini burgers (i.e., more bread than meat).
                            Which is no accident. This was the case with Burger King's "Burger Buddies." Anyone remember those? Must've been 1992 or so. I loved 'em, but I knew even then I was overpaying for bun. So these new Mini Sirloin Burgers and BK Shots have got to have better margins, too!
                            Originally posted by helen View Post
                            I tried the Burger King version a few months ago and thing that stuck in mind was the taste of pickle in each of their mini-burgers.
                            Definitely. I generally order without mustard or pickles. When I think "slider" style burgers, I prefer a mild, or almost sweet, taste.

Comment

Absolutely. Jack in the Box's television marketing is some of the best out there. My wife thinks the Mini Sirloin Burger ads are hilarious. Almost excessively so!
                              I agree, not to mention that commercial has you singing "mini sirloin burgers" for the next couple days...

All I remember from the BK is the hot chicks , but that's about it.
                              website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                              blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Working...
                              X