Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KFC's Grilled Chicken

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
    Was going to try the grilled KFC today actually, but opted for the Peruvian Charcoal Chicken w/ yuca and rice.
    Definitely one of the things I miss the most about Arlington.

I totally would have gone to KFC today for this but I stay on one diet
    What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

KFC Hawaii weasling out of honoring coupons!

Kazi Foods/KFC Hawaii lands itself on my corporate Hall of Shame, trying to weasel themselves out of honoring legitimate coupons on Oprah Winfrey's website that are supposed to entitle customers to a free 2 piece grilled chicken meal.

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/200..._in_isles.html

Question: Last week, Oprah Winfrey promised a free KFC two-piece grilled chicken meal to people who downloaded a coupon from her Web site......In Hawaii they refused the coupon altogether, even though the coupon didn't say "not valid in Hawaii." The national KFC Web site posted an apology and offered rain checks. However, Hawaii KFCs aren't honoring those, either. What's the real deal?

Answer: The combination of a free meal and Oprah's influence proved to be overwhelming for many KFC outlets.

"It far exceeded our expectations and far exceeded the mainland and corporate KFC expectations," said Steve Johnson, general manager of Kazi Foods Corp., the franchisee of KFC Hawaii.

KFC expects to give away 10.5 million meals nationally by the new Tuesday deadline, "and they're already halfway there," he told us Monday.

The Hawaii stores had too little advance notice and not enough "product" to participate in the free meal giveaway, Johnson said.

Okey-dokey. The Hawaii KFC restaurants don't receive their supplies as quickly as their mainland counterparts. They needed more advance notice to prepare for the Oprah coupon promotion. I think most people in Hawaii are reasonable enough to accept a rain check and to receive the free 2 piece meal at a later time (maybe a couple of weeks), when the local KFC outlets receive adequate supplies to meet the demand. But NOOOOOO!!!!

KFC says those with a coupon (no longer available online) can get a rain check form from a participating restaurant. The form and original coupon should be returned to the restaurant or postmarked by May 19 in return for a rain check for a future free meal.

In Hawaii, however, customers with rain checks will receive only one free piece of grilled chicken.

Now what gives, Kazi Foods???? Not only are you trying to weasel out of honoring legitimate meal coupons from Oprah Winfrey's site, but you're also trying to pull a fast one by not honoring legitimate rain check coupons from the national KFC corporate office???? What a rip-off!!!!

To the corporate decision-makers of Kazi Foods: Honor both the Oprah coupons and the national KFC issued rain-checks with the 2 piece grilled meals, as promised. If there's any problems or issues with this promotion program, it should be resolved internally with you dealing with the national corporate office. Don't resolve this problem by shortchanging local consumers. That's taking the easy way out.

If you folks at Kazi/KFC Hawaii want to do the right thing, you know what you need to do........... Anything else is just a cop-out!
      Last edited by Frankie's Market; May 14, 2009, 03:13 PM.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

We usually get the icky end of the stick with these corporate deals, nothing new.

I'm ready for a few dozen more JITB mini sirloin burgers...
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

And did you notice Koala Moa has set up their barbecue trailers on Nimitz, behind Hilo Hattie's? I enjoy that chicken very much and am glad to see there is a place to acquire it consistently. Even the white meat is moist. I like to buy 3, 4, or 5 of them and put them in the freezer.
          You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

FYI - It's always best to buy whole fryers, as 'parts' are usually just the allowed ones from chickens with bad parts.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BACP19R4MA.DTL

Another good thing that's bad for you.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/kfc-offer-easy...141830680.html

Bad to the boneless.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                  Based on customer trends, the chain says bones could eventually disappear from its menu.
                  That's making no bones about it.
                  Greg

Comment

We'll have no bones to pick if that's the final decision
                    flickr

An email from God:
                    To: People of Earth
                    Date: 9/04/2007
                    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                    God

Comment

http://www.khon2.com/2013/06/26/2-kf...osing-on-oahu/

Walgreens swallowed the bones.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                        couldn't find it. The website moved on.
                        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                        ~ ~
                        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                        X