Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Swine Flu

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    There's a discussion going on in another thread about taking the high road...
    Good, now Anapuni knows where to find it.
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
      Good, now Anapuni knows where to find it.
      That's enough!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Safeway Beretania's pharm isn't next to the produce section but it is in that half of the store and one does not have to go near the produce section to get to the window! There's also a small waiting area that's kind of isolated. I wish the supermarket pharms had drive up windows. Actually, I wish all pharms had drive up windows! I switched my rx's to Safeway due to the convenience of grocery shopping while I'm there. The ol' 'kill 2 birds with one stone' mindset! Of course, that's probably why the pharm is at the back of the store!

Now that I think about it, a more appropriate location within that store would be the front corner where the small florist shop is, with it's own, separate entrance plus one from within the store. That seems more hygenic now that I think about it!
        In Hilo it's next to the produce. I hope when they build the new Safeway across from Hilo Home Depot, they'll consider a drive-thru or at least put the pharmacy someplace else and not near open food sources.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Wow, so its true! An elephant never forgets!
          That was uncalled for, tg.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            (Stairway to Heaven anyone?)

Umm, actually, I think that this was uncalled for!

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
              SG - I think we've already had this discussion about folks who don't believe in following the rules. (Stairway to Heaven anyone?) But, that's beside the point. You had the option of telling the receptionist you would wait in the hall til you were called if you didn't want to be near those kids. and please keep in mind that some of those kids you're complaining about may get very sick and end up a statistic. Young people are said to be the most vulnerable to H1N1. Please try to be a little more patient with others. It's a pretty disturbing time right now and nobody really knows how serious this flu may get.

also, if you already know for sure that the 2 kids have H1N1, that means they have already been diagnosed and are probably on the way to recovering so you weren't exposed to anything except maybe the regular flu (which is scary too). and if they had been confirmed with H1N1, I don't think they would have been sitting in the reception area with people who did not have the disease. They would most likely have been isolated from everyone else.

But - I hope you have gotten vaccinated so that you'll be less likely to get sick. Take care of yourself!
              There wasn't a hallway accessible to me, only outside, and I didn't want to stand outside in the rain. I was more irriatated at the way the doctor's office was handling the issue, not the kids. They were out of rooms, so they took the patients individually back into the hall behind "the door", swabbed them, sent them back out into the waiting room to wait for their test results, took them back into the hall to give them their results, back to the waiting room, then back to the exam room when one freed up. If you just gave a patient that diganosis, why wouldn't you give them a mask or somewhere else to sit, rather than just sending them back to the waiting room with everyone else?

Their moms were talking to each other, which is how I found out what they had. Apparently they go to the same middle school and there were 160 kids out last week.

I'm not all that concerned about getting it (I just felt crappy last night and was more upset then), just irritated and confused with the way the doctor's office was handling the situation. Guess I won't be going there again!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

yeah - it does sound like the dr.s office wasn't doing their job to take care of ALL the patients. and I totally understand about not wanting to stand out in the rain - you were already feeling bad. Just take care & try not to get sick ok?
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Umm, actually, I think that this was uncalled for!
                  You were recently wondering about personal maturity, friend. One sign is when you take responsibility for your own actions and statements, rather than hanging on to the childhood cry of "well, she hit me first."

You are better than that - and you know it. I certainly believe it to be so. (But I apologize - I'm starting to sound like I'm your dad, which we know I ain't.)

Comment

You know you've arrived when you get to my age and get a letter from the doctor offering me a free flu jab. I rang up the reception and asked if this jab covered swine flu but nobody could tell me.
                    All they said was to come and get it anyway and they were even open on Saturday morninig.
                    I got one of those jabs this time last year and felt ill for about three days. Apparently they give you a mild dose of flu so your body learns to cope with it. Not sure if I should go or not ?

Comment

• Re: Alternative News on Swine Flu Vaccine

Hmmmm... I wonder if that has anything to do with the reason that according to CNN, New York medical professionals are protesting being required to get an H1N1 vaccine shot.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

A silly 'protest'. No one has the right to keep their job when they knowingly and willingly fail to meet the requirements of that job. Requiring medical workers be vaccinated is a reasonable safeguard for patients, much as requiring pilots take a Breathalyzer test before entering the cockpit would be a reasonable safeguard for passengers. The health workers aren't required to be vaccinated per se, they're required to be vaccinated as a necessary condition of employment - and that condition is reasonable. I guess they'll want to forego their TB tests next, or refuse to scrub-up before surgery, eh?
                        Last edited by salmoned; October 14, 2009, 04:12 PM.
                        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Perhaps we should subject prison guards to full body cavity searches before their shift to make sure they're not bringing in contraband. Sounds like a necessary condition for their employment, eh?

Comment

omg, I can hardly believe this is happening in america.
                            Forced vaccinations for workers is wrong, no matter how you look at it. Every human being has the absolute right to decide what does or does not go into their body. When govt or employers start infringing upon personal bodily rights, well thats just wrong.

Comment

Bob, if that's a good solution to the problem, by all means. Those guards aren't forced to comply, they can seek employment elsewhere at any time.

turtlegirl, no one is forced to work, no one is forced to be vaccinated, there is no force here at all. If one chooses to work in a hospital or medical setting where close interactions with sick and vulnerable persons makes the spread of disease acutely dangerous, one must expect the obligation to take all reasonable precautions against promoting the spread of diseases, including being vaccinated for various diseases. Perhaps you would allow typhoid Mary to work in your hospital or clinic, not I. We don't allow children to attend school without various vaccinations (as a rule), why should we allow an even greater threat into our medical facilities? An ounce of prevention...
                              Last edited by salmoned; October 16, 2009, 08:59 AM.
                              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

hi today if you may wish to learn of where you could get your swine flu shot's. go to the dept of health website and when you find the number,you would be able to phone them and learn if your dr maybe a part of giving swine flu shot's and if he/she is,then call your dr's office and see how much they'd charge or if they take your either hmsa or other's like this and if they do,their shouldnt be a charge at your dr's office so i thought to share this with you.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Working...
                                X