Swine Flu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Swine Flu

As a firefighter with the city, my crew and I got our nasal squirts a week or so ago. We all had headaches on the ride back from Queens. But that could have been because of our driver is a bit of a rough driver.

We did experience some sore throats that afternoon and in the morning. Kind of a dry feeling. Other than that, nothing.

Comment

lol craigwatanabe!

sansei

Comment

Which religious group or groups are against getting the flu shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          Which religious group or groups are against getting the flu shot?
          I didn't realize this was a religious thing.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            I didn't realize this was a religious thing.
            The flu shot isn't a "religious thing". However there are religions that eschew vaccinations. I remember, in grammar school, being so jealous of the kids who didn't have to get shots because of their religious beliefs! Can't remember which religions, tho'.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              The flu shot isn't a "religious thing". However there are religions that eschew vaccinations. I remember, in grammar school, being so jealous of the kids who didn't have to get shots because of their religious beliefs! Can't remember which religions, tho'.
              Then why bring it up?

Comment

Then why bring it up?
                I'm not Walkoff Balk so I can't answer that. But...why not bring it up? It still pertains to the flu shot, just a different aspect of it!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  I'm not Walkoff Balk so I can't answer that. But...why not bring it up? It still pertains to the flu shot, just a different aspect of it!
                  I was referring to Walkoff Balk. I'm sure if you state religious beliefs no state agency or private organization would require getting vaccinated based on constitutional protections.

Comment

I was referring to Walkoff Balk.
                    Why ask any question? Hoping someone can drop the knowledge.

Comment

Christian Scientists tend to refuse all drugs and surgeries, and they include vaccinations. Nothing against the flu shot itself.

Comment

hi,im now hearing on the local news that soon they will be giving out the swine flu shot's only they fear that this will become an epidemic only not like the mainland and if everyone get's their shot,it shouldnt become an epidemic.

Well thank's for your time im glad i got my nasal spray for the swine flu shot.

Comment

A cat in Iowa caught the swine flu

Personally, I find this to be the single scariest piece of swine flu related news. I never worried about catching this myself, but pets can be fragile. Now I think I'll be more wary of stranger contact or even walking my dogs in relatively busy areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            Christian Scientists tend to refuse all drugs and surgeries, and they include vaccinations. Nothing against the flu shot itself.
                            Is that the same as Church of Scientology? i.e. Tom Cruise, Brooke Shields, John Travolta?

Jehovah's Witness also don't like medicines. Heck, they don't even like Birthdays, or guard dogs for that matter...

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                              Is that the same as Church of Scientology? i.e. Tom Cruise, Brooke Shields, John Travolta?
                              Nope, completely different organization.

Christian Science, founded by Mary Baker Eddy in Boston, 1879
                              Scientology, founded by science-fiction author L. Ron Hubbard in Los Angeles, 1952

Comment

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...udy-finds?lite

I would have thought that Bobinator would be up on this before the national media.

Comment

Working...
                                X