Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Swine Flu

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    They could start wearing a breathing mask out in public.
    Those flimsy surgical masks won't do a thing towards protecting someone against airborne molecules. There may be better quality examples available now, but you'd have to also cover your eyes and ears. Time for a bubble head!
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Could be interesting here in Michigan, the migrant farm workers are starting to filter in. We already have one case in the state but that was from a vacationer who went to Texas.

Comment

Media coverage and proliferating alarms are increasing.
        (eta: nothin' like a good case of redundancy!!!)
        Last edited by tutusue; April 27, 2009, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I got the swine flu vacine back in 1976 (free shots at Long's Drugs) so I wonder if I'm still "covered"?
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            I got the swine flu vacine back in 1976 (free shots at Long's Drugs) so I wonder if I'm still "covered"?
            Sadly, no - different variant strain. No vaccine exists for this one - yet.

Comment

KHNL is scheduled to show Vaccine:Pandemic on Wednesday at 8:00. This was in today's Midweek. Wasn't this tv schedule set to print in Midweek before the Swine Flu started making the news headlines?

Comment

I'm sure that nobody will be surprised if I dust off this old thread...

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...ighlight=preps
                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

I was on a flight back yesterday from the Northwest and stuck at PDX for 6 hours. Time to board and there's two Asian guys in line with face masks on. Haven't seen anyone the whole time in 6 hours with face masks on but I figure, well, that's just them. Get to my seat and who am I seated next to...these two. Great. At beverage service, the flight attendent starts speaking to them in Japanese and I pick up that they just came up from Mexico. Oh, double great!

Comment

Okay, here's the latest. Had to go to the doctor this afternoon for another problem (a condition known as CRS) and asked him about the flu. He said the whole thing is way overblown. He said masks do absolutely no good. He said that the 16 to 25 age group is at the greatest risk. He said those over 25 have antibodies to resist the most virulent forms of the flu. He said that those over 25 have probably already had swine flu at least once in their life. He said if I do come down with the flu it will be at most like a bad cold. He said should that happen, get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids. He said it will be gone in a few days.

I am not a medical professional, I am only repeating what he told me. So if you disagree, don't roast me.
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

my bacon sneezed on me this morning...I think I have a very short time left.
                      flickr

An email from God:
                      To: People of Earth
                      Date: 9/04/2007
                      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                      God

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                        [...]He said those over 25 have antibodies to resist the most virulent forms of the flu. He said that those over 25 have probably already had swine flu at least once in their life.[...]
                        Interesting that you mention this as I was thinking the same thing last night. I rarely get the flu but had a really bad case of it 3 years ago...high fever, muscles felt like they'd been hit by a mac truck, upper respiratory symptoms, down and out for 9 days. I'm hoping that bout provided me with enough antibodies to fend off every virus known to man...and pig!

My daughter was scheduled to go to Mexico this coming week-end. She just cancelled her trip. The mom in me is not unhappy about that decision!

Comment

Other than Mexico City, there is not much flu in Mexico. No cases reported where I live in Cabo.
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

So how far is Cabo from Mexico City?

Comment

This site is a good one to follow where and how badly the flu is hitting:

http://healthmap.org/swineflu

Comment

Mexico City and Cabo San Lucas appear to be almost 600 miles apart, and separated by the widest point of the Gulf of California. If the disease arrives there it could come on a ferry from the mainland or on a jet.

Comment

Working...
                                X