Where Did All The Nice People Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where Did All The Nice People Go?

Some of us "nice people" can get our buttons pushed and become "not nice" for a short period of time.

Then we come back nice again and try to avoid button-pushers.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
      Some of us "nice people" can get our buttons pushed and become "not nice" for a short period of time.
      Then we come back nice again and try to avoid button-pushers.
      Aint that the truth. For the most part, HT is a great place to visit. Sometimes is does seem to get a bit cranky, but that is the time I take a vacation from posting. It usually isn't very long before the hot wind blows over and we are all cool again. On the whole, HTers are a nice gang.
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
        Seriously!!! What's going on around this forum lately? It seems like most of the nice folks are consistantly being run off or badgered into a lurkers' existence because of a handful of mean, bitter s.o.b.'s who nitpick and naysay, criticize and attack, and generally bring their negativity and aggression/intimidation to so many threads. This site is way less interesting because of these 'children'.

Enough, I say!! Nice people unite!! Don't be scared off! Come back!!
        i haven't been around much, and honestly, i've only been around the last few days bcs HT is one of the places i go to when avoiding homework, and this week is finals week.

besides, i say with conviction that i'm not, habitually, one of the nice people on HT. the last two posts i just put up are proof enough. i do try to contribute meaningfully, regardless. although one of my last two posts was worth nothing but my own amusement, as is this post.

much to many HTers relief, i'm about to go back to writing my final paper. ciao.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

There are some really great members on HT and I am proud to put my contribution in from England.
          The negative members who just want to argue, like in a kiddies playground,,,,,, then I've put on ignore/blocked.

The majority of my mates on here are the most wonderful people in the world. Many, I have met. Some, I hope to meet in this year > Europe.

Let's be positive and keep this as a wonderful, friendly site.

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
            ... and this week is finals week.

besides, i say with conviction that i'm not, habitually, one of the nice people on HT...
            (My final is monday, and I'm freaking out!)

Aww, Cyn...I love your posts just the way they are, really, ummm....factual. Keep 'em coming!!
            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
              Aint that the truth. For the most part, HT is a great place to visit. Sometimes is does seem to get a bit cranky, but that is the time I take a vacation from posting.
              Sounds like a wise idea, indeed. I plead guilty to being taken in by taunts and baits after being dogged in several threads. I just have to resolve to handle it better in the future.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I sometimes get called "not nice" for some of my postings. I guess that's the penalty for being blunt & honest with what I have to say. If it's something I feel strongly about - I will speak out and not really care if I offend other folks.

As for actually being "not nice" on HT - that has only happened with one person (and if you're lurking, you know who you are) and I just did not like that person or anything they had to say. They don't post anymore so maybe I was too blunt.? But, I have a very low tolerance for newcomers to the islands who are also stupid.

(oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that either?)
                Last edited by anapuni808; May 7, 2009, 10:07 PM.
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                  I sometimes get called "not nice" for some of my postings. I guess that's the penalty for being blunt & honest with what I have to say. If it's something I feel strongly about - I will speak out and not really care if I offend other folks.

As for actually being "not nice" on HT - that has only happened with one person and I just did not like that person or anything they had to say. They don't post anymore so maybe I was too blunt.? But, I have a very low tolerance for newcomers to the islands who are also stupid.

(oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that either?)
                  i have the feeling i know which person you're talking about, anapuni.

if so, then yeah...that person was most certainly stupid, and you not saying so aloud would not have changed the stupid factor for better. didn't i liken that one to a used condom at one point? maybe i should shoulder some of the blame for that person not posting anymore.
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Any one ask for nice People? I am here. Just thought I include myself on the list.
                    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

What is this 'nice' you speak of?

I like real myself...or at least a version of nice where it doesn't take an insulin drip to counteract syrup overload.

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                        maybe i should shoulder some of the blame for that person not posting anymore.
                        I blame the results of last fall's presidential election.

Oh, and in case anyone believes otherwise, anapuni808 is nice. I know this to be true. So do many others. End of debate.

Comment

I think those nice people went to Anger Management.

Comment

Re: Where Did All The Nice People Go? Rome.

Excerpts from the Mediations of Marcus Aurelius:
                            Book Two, 1, 5: When you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: The people I deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly. They are like this because they can't tell good from evil. But I have seen the beauty or good and the ugliness of evil, and have recognized that the wrongdoer has a nature related to my own... and possessing a share of the divine. And so none of them can hurt me. No one can implicate me in ugliness. Nor can I feel angry at my relative, or hate him. We were born to work together like feet, hands, and eyes... To obstruct each other is unnatural. To feel anger at someone, to turn your back on him: these are obstructions.
                            Concentrate every minute like a Roman -- like a man -- on doing what's in front of you with precise and genuine seriousness, tenderly, willingly, with justice...
                            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                            ~ ~
                            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Re: Where Did All The Nice People Go? Rome.

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                              Excerpts from the Mediations of Marcus Aurelius:
                              Book Two, 1, 5: When you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: The people I deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly. They are like this because they can't tell good from evil. But I have seen the beauty or good and the ugliness of evil, and have recognized that the wrongdoer has a nature related to my own... and possessing a share of the divine. And so none of them can hurt me. No one can implicate me in ugliness. Nor can I feel angry at my relative, or hate him. We were born to work together like feet, hands, and eyes... To obstruct each other is unnatural. To feel anger at someone, to turn your back on him: these are obstructions.
                              Concentrate every minute like a Roman -- like a man -- on doing what's in front of you with precise and genuine seriousness, tenderly, willingly, with justice...
                              yep, dat wat heem sed.

course, i do believe ole marky mark would have advocated for dying when you are no longer useful to society. if that's correct, does that make him more klingon, vulcan or romulan? and which of these is "nicest?"

Comment

http://classics.mit.edu/Antoninus/me...ons.1.one.html

Ima gonna have to vote Vulcan.

But not a modern aged Vulcan...hmmm...maybe a bronze age Vulcan not yet to far removed from his Romulan cousins.

Marky if brought forward to the present time...I could so see him in torn fishnet, rice powder and black eyeliner.
                                Last edited by Peshkwe; May 9, 2009, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X