Where Did All The Nice People Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where Did All The Nice People Go?

The snark attacks here are really REALLY mild. In fact they're just baby snarks.

Kinda cute sometimes, just watch your fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
      The snark attacks here are really REALLY mild. In fact they're just baby snarks.[...]
      Yep...for the most part, snarkettes! Nuthin' in comparison to...oh, never mind. I've seen snarkoramarellathons in panavision and technicolor!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Yep...for the most part, snarkettes! Nuthin' in comparison to...oh, never mind. I've seen snarkoramarellathons in panavision and technicolor!
        You've been to alt.slack? Church of the Subgenius (all hail Bob!)?

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
          Just when you think all is going well, a mean-spirited thread like this one goes up!
          Ya made me laugh with that comment, darn ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
            You've been to alt.slack? Church of the Subgenius (all hail Bob!)?
            Not alt.slack but a few other alt's!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              I'd like to think that I'm one of the "nice people" (at least my cat thinks so ) but I'm currently taking some courses to get an advanced degree
              An advanced degree in "nice"? Cool. Online or in person?

Comment

I quit posting so much because it seems like no one ever responds to what I post- like I stop a thread dead in its tracks. So I figure I must not be very interesting or there are secret threads I don't know about. Or everyone is just laughing at me to everyone else. That's always been a secret fear of mine.

Also- I'm not doing anything spectactularly entertaining at the moment. But I can start a thread on it, so we can get out of the iffy thread...

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Hi Yer Hun,
                  Please be cool there are lots of Really nice people on here from all parts of our world. Different shapes, sizes, races and colour of skin. Lots of opinions ( to me that is what a forum is about )
                  Hang on in here,,,,, Please ? If I haven't responded to you, then maybe I haven't anything interesting to say.

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                    I quit posting so much because it seems like no one ever responds to what I post- like I stop a thread dead in its tracks.
                    Speaking as someone who has generated over 50 threads in this forum with no responses I don't see 0 response threads as a bad thing. Please keep in mind that the index listings has a thread read count. Look at that entry to see if anyone is reading the thread.

Comment

SurlyGirly, I used to feel the same way about my Boating Photos thread not getting many responses. Until someone pointed out how many views the thread had, that is. Point is that just because folks don't reply doesn't mean they don't enjoy it.
                      I belong to another group and there's one person who replies to every single message even though their replies almost never contain anything worth reading. That's much worse! Now I don't read anything that person writes.
                      But back to snarkism.
                      For those interested in snarks, check out Super Snarks at http://www.castlecraft.com/super_snark.htm . (Yeah, they're sailboats.)
                      The was also a 1917 Navy ship named Snark ( http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/s...sh-s/snark.htm ).
                      And remember that Snark was the name of Jack London's sailboat ( http://www.jacklondons.net/snark.html ) and that his boat was named Snark because of Lewis Caroll's poem "The Hunting of the Snark." (Yes, the same man who wrote Alice In Wonderland.) His Snark poem "describes with infinite humor the impossible voyage of an improbable crew to find an inconceivable creature".
                      And that last sentence pretty much sounds like the purpose of HT.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                        Seriously!!! What's going on around this forum lately? It seems like most of the nice folks are consistantly being run off or badgered into a lurkers' existence because of a handful of mean, bitter s.o.b.'s who nitpick and naysay, criticize and attack, and generally bring their negativity and aggression/intimidation to so many threads. This site is way less interesting because of these 'children'.

Enough, I say!! Nice people unite!! Don't be scared off! Come back!!
                        TG, with all due respect, this is the most passive-aggressive post I have ever seen you write, and it truly is beneath you. Please, flay the balls and ovaries of those

"mean bitter s.o.b.'s who nitpick and naysay, criticize and attack and generally bring their negativity and aggression/intimidation to so many threads. This site is way less interesting because of these 'children"
                        and free the others from suspecting you mean them. That isn't fair.

Youʻve obviously got names and scenarios on your mind; woman up and tell it straight!

pax

Comment

Aren't the too nice posters just register to post a promotion for a website and then disappear?
                          Monty Python had a classic sketch with John Cleese as someone who was looking for a department to have an argument.
                          The attacks between posters reflects what's entertainment on tv. The Daily Show had a fake fight between John Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and Conan O'Brien about who was the first to discover Mike Huckabee as a presidential candidate. TV reality programs have fake fights as their money shot.

Comment

See what happens? I go away for a few weeks and the place falls to poop. I'm back now and I expect good behaviour. Remember...what you type today will come back and bite you on the ass tomorrow.
                            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Lovely to have you back Susie.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                                Lovely to have you back Susie.
                                Hi, Sweetie. Lovely to be back...and I am going to have to tell you all about how the hams are doing.
                                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X