Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Where Did All The Nice People Go?

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    Seriously!!! What's going on around this forum lately? It seems like most of the nice folks are consistantly being run off or badgered into a lurkers' existence because of a handful of mean, bitter s.o.b.'s who nitpick and naysay, criticize and attack, and generally bring their negativity and aggression/intimidation to so many threads. This site is way less interesting because of these 'children'.
    They are out in force today. The first two threads I checked both contained stink responses. This is a good time for me to declare a personal time-out for myself from HT.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Avoid the political threads. Too much hot water there.

I find its just best to blog my political views instead of airing it out here.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
        Avoid the political threads. Too much hot water there.

I find its just best to blog my political views instead of airing it out here.
        Mel...like I said before, when we pose ourselves with our real names, our integrity stands behind it so we are who we are on these forums. We will be judged by what we say on AND off these sites so we hold ourselves to the same standards as we would whether we are talking to that person face to face.

And there are those who do treat others badly in the real world as they do to us here in the cyber-world. Would you give that person your time? Would anyone? What kind of image do we conjure up when having been flamed by someone on these forums? When someone's a jerk or a bitch online is it safe to assume their that way in real life? I imagine so, the difference is that their online actions are memorialized forever on the servers that allow them to display their social skills.

If my words are to be forever imbedded in the cyber world, I will stick to my standards that I uphold in the real world. But if no one knows you because of your anonymous status, who cares right?

I care, you care and those who have been flamed care. Those who treat others indifferently...don't. And when you don't care...that's when you've lost your integrity...if you had it to begin with.

When we stop caring about each other that's a sign of social decay. Compassion is how we help each other overcome adversity. Indifference fans the flames of it.

One can be compassionate and be anonymous and that's okay...I'll take compassion any way offered. But when someone comes out and asks for a verbal fight...then show yourself! It's like quoting a source, there's more validity when you know where it came from.

I show myself and Mel, you show yourself. Call us stupid for doing so, but at least we tell the world who we are and aren't afraid of doing so. Everybody here on HT knows who we are and what we are capable of doing. To those who flame others...f'k em, they're cowards! AND THEY KNOW THAT TOO!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Amen to that Craig.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Man, Craig - when you express yourself, you really do a good job of it. Do you see me bowing in your direction?

Comment

I agree with Craig, except

When someone's a jerk or a bitch online is it safe to assume their that way in real life? I imagine so, the difference is that their online actions are memorialized forever on the servers that allow them to display their social skills.
              I don't know about that. I know a lot of people who are not nice online who are much nicer in person. And for some reason, I find it easier to be nice online. "Nice" is not exactly the word most people would describe me with in real life.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I am truly sorry for that outburst and I apologize for becoming enraged over this issue. Life is too short to get frustrated over what some feel necessary to mock or discredit another person's opinion. Okay I'm off my soapbox (again), darn I never seem to learn.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Major props to Craig for such a well-composed reply. I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                    I am truly sorry for that outburst and I apologize for becoming enraged over this issue. Life is too short to get frustrated over what some feel necessary to mock or discredit another person's opinion. Okay I'm off my soapbox (again), darn I never seem to learn.
                    I ain't gonna hold it against you for actually caring, CW.

Comment

Hi!

I'm Cat Maxwell-Hadley and I'm stealing Craig's soapbox!

*looks around...spots Craig*

::shuffle::shuffle::shuffle:::

.:~*~*~:.!!TOUCH!!.:~*~*~:.

Comment

If I say you have a beautiful post. Will you hold it against me?

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                          I agree with Craig, except

I don't know about that. I know a lot of people who are not nice online who are much nicer in person. And for some reason, I find it easier to be nice online. "Nice" is not exactly the word most people would describe me with in real life.
                          Wondering if I should weigh in on this... LOL.
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

How to disagree.

Comment

May we all stay above DH5!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                Now there is a rating system for posts that should be incorporated on HT. Instead of the standard type "thumbs ups or down", or stars, etc., there should instead be a rating based on how logical a post is. Especially if the post is a rebuttal.
                                DHO to DH3 = don't even bother to read.
                                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X