Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Did All The Nice People Go?

Default Re: Where Did All The Nice People Go?

Quote Originally Posted by turtlegirl View Post
    Seriously!!! What's going on around this forum lately? It seems like most of the nice folks are consistantly being run off or badgered into a lurkers' existence because of a handful of mean, bitter s.o.b.'s who nitpick and naysay, criticize and attack, and generally bring their negativity and aggression/intimidation to so many threads. This site is way less interesting because of these 'children'.

Enough, I say!! Nice people unite!! Don't be scared off! Come back!!
    TG, with all due respect, this is the most passive-aggressive post I have ever seen you write, and it truly is beneath you. Please, flay the balls and ovaries of those

"mean bitter s.o.b.'s who nitpick and naysay, criticize and attack and generally bring their negativity and aggression/intimidation to so many threads. This site is way less interesting because of these 'children"
    and free the others from suspecting you mean them. That isn't fair.

Youʻve obviously got names and scenarios on your mind; woman up and tell it straight!

pax

Aren't the too nice posters just register to post a promotion for a website and then disappear?
    Monty Python had a classic sketch with John Cleese as someone who was looking for a department to have an argument.
    The attacks between posters reflects what's entertainment on tv. The Daily Show had a fake fight between John Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and Conan O'Brien about who was the first to discover Mike Huckabee as a presidential candidate. TV reality programs have fake fights as their money shot.

See what happens? I go away for a few weeks and the place falls to poop. I'm back now and I expect good behaviour. Remember...what you type today will come back and bite you on the ass tomorrow.

Lovely to have you back Susie.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Lovely to have you back Susie.
    Hi, Sweetie. Lovely to be back...and I am going to have to tell you all about how the hams are doing.

I want Auntie back. She is real good at giving "whacks whacks" and keeping everyone in line.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    I want Auntie back. She is real good at giving "whacks whacks" and keeping everyone in line.

Auntie went?

Quote Originally Posted by SusieMisajon View Post
    Hi, Sweetie. Lovely to be back...and I am going to have to tell you all about how the hams are doing.
    Welcome back! I've missed your posts! AND- Do tell us about those hams!
    You have great pork stories

Might not be posting much lately, but I do my share of keeping up with everyone. Matapule keeps up with the swine flu status, I love reading Lika's boat threads, I'm learning about other folk's orchids (my cattleyas are getting ready to bloom again, hope it's not while I'm out of town--oops, back on topic) and Menehune Man has me all interested in geocaching. Kungpao's link to the music site is way cool and y'all helped me with researching the Ipod thing. I enjoy keeping up with all the threads.

I'm not good at snarkiness. That's conflict...gives me a rash.

All in all, I think the nice peeps are still here; at least I saw a bunch in the pics from the picnic, and read a bunch online!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieMisajon View Post
    Auntie went?
    I'm hea.

I've been reading. *sigh* Am glad Admin gave vacations. I love HT. We're an Ohana. Let's keep it that way.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Quote Originally Posted by surlygirly View Post
    ..Or everyone is just laughing at me to everyone else.
    Nope, its way more fun to laugh with you!

Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui View Post
    ... His Snark poem "describes with infinite humor the impossible voyage of an improbable crew to find an inconceivable creature".
    And that last sentence pretty much sounds like the purpose of HT.
    Aaaaahahahahahaa! Nice one, Lika!

Quote Originally Posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    TG, with all due respect, this is the most passive-aggressive post I have ever seen you write, and it truly is beneath you. Please, flay the balls and ovaries of those...and free the others from suspecting you mean them. That isn't fair....Youʻve obviously got names and scenarios on your mind; woman up and tell it straight!
    Conscience feeling a little weigthy there, Pua'i? Anyway, if you thought I was gonna take that obvious bait - think again. I have no reason to name names, and of course, everyone here has their good days and bad. All I want is to see a return of the nice posts. And the nice people who contribute to the posts. That's all.

Only thing beneath me is the floor. Consider yourself 'flayed'.

I miss Auntie! And welcome back Susie and Mike!
    Last edited by turtlegirl; April 28th, 2009 at 12:12 PM.
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Nope, its way more fun to laugh with you!

Only thing beneath me is the floor.
    Okay, this? Totally made me think of when I slipped on moss outside of your house and went flying. We were both laughing our @$$es off and your landlady's grandson was looking out the window and pointing, then she cornered S as soon as he came home from work.

Or when you fell down the hill on NYE and came back to our hotel all sad because you'd skinned your knee.

Or when I totally bit it out at Dillingham Beach. (Still have scars!)

So I'm glad you'd rather laugh WITH me. And between the two of us, I think one of us is usually on the floor!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Another trend on tv is to be loud. The ESPN sportswriters will yell at each other even when they agree on different sports topics. As Gene Simmons of Kiss would scream/sing I Love It Loud. And then he would do that thing with his tongue.

(deleted - I'm confused on how to delete something)
    Last edited by anapuni808; April 28th, 2009 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stwahine View Post
    I'm hea.

I've been reading. *sigh* Am glad Admin gave vacations. I love HT. We're an Ohana. Let's keep it that way.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
    Cuddles to Lynn from across these puddles.

I'm still here too. We got some nice weather, so I was busy planting a banana plantation and tropical fruit paradise. Yum!

People are people. Good and bad days. Don't know too much about other sites, but I really like the people here. Auntie's right. We're Ohana.

Been a member here since 2004 and just check in once in awhile to see what's going on here but post whenever.

So "hi" to Lynn and Susie especially (from back then) and hope you're doing fine!!

Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    (deleted - I'm confused on how to delete something)
    Once you post something, there's a time limit in which you can edit it - but you can't actually delete/remove the box that shows you posted some message. I believe Admin can do so, upon request, but as a general rule he avoids doing so. Ya gotta have a good reason, in other words.

Didn't Rosie O'Donnell used to be called the Queen of Nice? How truthful did that description turned out to be?

Hey Leo - thanks for the info!

Wink Re: Where Did All The Nice People Go?

Some of us "nice people" can get our buttons pushed and become "not nice" for a short period of time.

Then we come back nice again and try to avoid button-pushers.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaonohi View Post
    Some of us "nice people" can get our buttons pushed and become "not nice" for a short period of time.
    Then we come back nice again and try to avoid button-pushers.
    Aint that the truth. For the most part, HT is a great place to visit. Sometimes is does seem to get a bit cranky, but that is the time I take a vacation from posting. It usually isn't very long before the hot wind blows over and we are all cool again. On the whole, HTers are a nice gang.
    Now run along and play, but donít get into trouble.

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

Seriously!!! What's going on around this forum lately? It seems like most of the nice folks are consistantly being run off or badgered into a lurkers' existence because of a handful of mean, bitter s.o.b.'s who nitpick and naysay, criticize and attack, and generally bring their negativity and aggression/intimidation to so many threads. This site is way less interesting because of these 'children'.

Enough, I say!! Nice people unite!! Don't be scared off! Come back!!
    i haven't been around much, and honestly, i've only been around the last few days bcs HT is one of the places i go to when avoiding homework, and this week is finals week.

besides, i say with conviction that i'm not, habitually, one of the nice people on HT. the last two posts i just put up are proof enough. i do try to contribute meaningfully, regardless. although one of my last two posts was worth nothing but my own amusement, as is this post.

much to many HTers relief, i'm about to go back to writing my final paper. ciao.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

There are some really great members on HT and I am proud to put my contribution in from England.
    The negative members who just want to argue, like in a kiddies playground,,,,,, then I've put on ignore/blocked.

The majority of my mates on here are the most wonderful people in the world. Many, I have met. Some, I hope to meet in this year > Europe.

Let's be positive and keep this as a wonderful, friendly site.

Quote Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
    ... and this week is finals week.

besides, i say with conviction that i'm not, habitually, one of the nice people on HT...
    (My final is monday, and I'm freaking out!)

Aww, Cyn...I love your posts just the way they are, really, ummm....factual. Keep 'em coming!!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast