Changes To Clear Channel Hawaii Radio Stations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Changes To Clear Channel Hawaii Radio Stations

i'm thinking rory and hammer were getting too old to hafta listen to the kind of music they had to play on 93.9. fine with me; despite their age, i found them completely immature and boycotted that station whenever it was their shift. i mean, they'd have to be pretty puerile for me to find sam ambrose a more enlightened alternative. *scowl*

glad pablo sato is back on the radio. too bad the steak place he had downtown didn't last long. nice guy.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by integlspwr View Post
      damn that sucks for Dick Wainwright... It was true about the cost cutting. Being in radio that long, you really dont think you would get cut, but look, he did.
      Did they treat a Wainwright like a Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road?

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
        [...]
        Yes, I do know that KORL is now broadcasting "Smooth Jazz". Now, if they will only start their live streaming, I'll have something to listen to on radio. They aren't to that point yet but I was told it would be soon. My radio listening is primarily while I'm at work, through the computer.
        Aha...now I understand! You'll be able to listen to Dave Koz again. I really enjoy his banter...and his music! He'll be in concert with the symphony at the Shell this week-end.

Comment

I still listen to Koz - he's all over my IPod! But I'll miss his show on air, especially his "Cooking with Koz" segments. He had some pretty good recipes - but they're also on his website.

Wish I could afford tix to see him live.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
            glad pablo sato is back on the radio. too bad the steak place he had downtown didn't last long. nice guy.

is he back in town now? his steak place was in the building where I work. The waffle dogs were great!
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
              I still listen to Koz - he's all over my IPod! But I'll miss his show on air, especially his "Cooking with Koz" segments. He had some pretty good recipes - but they're also on his website.
              A thought...is it possible for you to bring a small transistor radio to work with you? Hopefully 101.1 will start it's live stream in the near future. Koz also dominates my iPod!
              Wish I could afford tix to see him live.
              Me, too! My daughter and I wanted to go but decided against it because of the ticket prices. I'm not willing to sit on the grass anymore as much as I loved to do so in the past!

Comment

I can plug my IPod in at work.............bought myself a cheap little speaker set for my desk a while ago. Right now I'm listening to the KKSF live stream - the Dave Koz show!
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                  Did they treat a Wainwright like a Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road?
                  I think Dick Wainwright was never treated with the respect he deserved. Pidgeon-holing him up in the KSSK-AM studio, heck even the KHVH studios were bigger. Dick and Michael W. Perry were and are pretty much the last of that classic radio personality sound.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                  X