Bridget's Sexiest Beaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridget's Sexiest Beaches

So Bridgett did an episode of her "Sexiest Beaches" on the Travel Channel in Hawaii. I was curious what she would pick- Waikiki, or would she actually branch out and go for better? (TG and I went 'around Oahu on a Tour of Beaches, 50 in all, so I'm very well aquainted with a lot of them and cheer when someone picks something else).

Nope, straight to Waikiki. And hula-dancing lessons. Then she did some kind of excursion with a bubble on her head nearby. Off to the North Shore where she got "shaved ice" (I kept yelling at the TV, "It's SHAVE ICE") from somewhere that was definitely not Matsumoto's. Didn't even try or mention the Azuki beans either. Did a shark encounter. Flew over Kanae Point.

Headed to the Big Island and did some stuff with a volcano, a luau, and posing on a rock in a stream, but I fell asleep.

Still- I really wish someone would come over and REALLY look at Oahu for more than just Waikiki and parts of the North Shore. There's so many more things to do, and so many more gorgeous beaches, that I really want to smack everyone that says to me, "Oh, you were in Hawaii? We went and spent all our time at Waikiki Beach!" Why can't you get out and explore a little??? Even if you don't have a car, there's still other beaches within walking distance of the strip.

Or is a all a ploy by locals to keep tourists in one spot? Cuz maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing...

Can't think of anything creative this time

Re: Bridgett's Predictable Beaches

I am sorry, but that woman annoys the s*&t out of me...
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
      I am sorry, but that woman annoys the s*&t out of me...
      Hopefully you meant Bridgette, in which case, that makes two of us. Otherwise, well, somedays that might make two of us as well! Or you've been talking to my husband...

Comment

lol, I mean Bridgette.
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

Re: Bridget's Sexiest Beaches

unfortunately most people don't know any better and actually enjoy the real touristy stuff. to each his own, but then there are others that like to journey and find new spots, like me... the first time i came to oahu i explored as much as I could or knew how. i hit waimanalo beach, bellows, kailua, lanikai, manoa falls, pill box, etc...

just like i never understood why there's always a 2hr wait at Cheesecake Factory (the food is great though) when they have one of those EVERYWHERE. i'd want to eat something local, but lots of people don't want to go out of their comfort zone.
          website - http://www.brianhancock.com
          blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

I'm the same way. I'd lived on Oahu for almost two months before I'd even been to Waikiki Beach. And my first comment was, "Seriously? This is it?"

I love to get out and explore. I used to keep my trunk full- boogie boards, snorkle gear, hiking shoes and pack, windbreaker, beachbag, map, camera, notebook and pen, good tunes, plenty of water, small purse, and usually TG.

"Where do we want to go today?"
            "Hmm. I don't know. Close your eyes and point to the map."

Then we'd go there, drive around, and get out to explore anything we thought was interesting. It was cheap and sooo much fun.
            Last edited by surlygirly; May 1, 2009, 04:15 PM. Reason: b/c you live ON Oahu, not IN it

Comment

Get this...I visited Hawaii alone for the first time in '07. I drove all over the place and hit as much of the island as I could, and saw some beautiful stuff. I enjoyed Waikiki Beach and the touristy stuff that goes with it, but I LOVED the other places I visited (like Lanikai). My husband and son were on a road trip that lasted longer than I could the time-off for, so I took a quickie trip to Oahu.

Last summer, all 3 of us hit Maui, Kauai, and Oahu together. I guess I should have done it backwards from that, 'cause my husband hated Waikiki Beach. Our son liked it because of the lively crowds, but my husband hated the lack of parking, the crowds, etc. I tried to take them up the coast, but we only got as far as the lookout to Rabbit Island--then they began to whine..."It's all the same", "we saw your photos from last year", etc. They DID enjoy Pearl Harbor a lot, but trying to take them anywhere else met with "I'm too tired", "I'm hungry", etc. My husband loved Kauai the best (Jimmy and I did too, but not the best), and we all loved Maui a LOT. We still want to hit the Big Island too. But Frank made me swear we would never stay on Oahu again. He doesn't know what he is missing!!! There's SOOOOO much more to Oahu than just Waikiki Beach/Honolulu!!!

Comment

Working...
              X