Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best instant coffee?

Default Re: Best instant coffee?

do you (or anyone else) know of a place on oahu that carries bewleys? i'd like to taste it....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaonohi View Post
    When I was traveling in Ireland, some of the B&Bs had hot water and packets of instant. I thought "YUK!" but couldn't start the day without my coffee.

The packets contained Bewley's Instant Coffee, and I must confess that it was as good as any brewed cup of coffee I had ever had.

An online search of instant coffees seems to indicate that the best instant coffees come from England and Ireland!

I concur.

*K*
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

I'm kind of new to the instant coffee. So far I purchased the following only because they come in single serve packets:

• Folgers Classic Roast
    • Folgers Classic Decaf
    • Nescafe Taster's Choice House Blend
    • Nescafe Taster's Choice Hazelnut

I'm usually drinking it on the weekends when I am at home, on the weekdays I get coffee from different sources at or around work which doesn't do instant coffee.

Default Re: best instant coffee?

As I recently discovered when rushed and tired of boring instant taste, any instant coffee will more than suffice with a bit of pumpkin spice sprinkled in, always with cream of course.
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Just adding more information to these products

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post

• Folgers Classic Roast, box contains 7 packets, you will need to put in 6 ounces of hot water per packet
    • Folgers Classic Decaf, box contains 6 packets, need to add 6 ounces of hot water per packet
    • Nescafe Taster's Choice House Blend, box contains 18 packets, need to add 8 ounces of hot water per packet
    • Nescafe Taster's Choice Hazelnut, box contains 16 packets, need to add 8 ounces of hot water per packet
    I originally purchased the Folgers brand from Target in early December 2019, while the Nescafe brand was purchased in late December 2019 from either Wal-Mart or Foodland Farms.

Between the four products I am leaning toward the Nescafe Taster's Choice Hazelnut due to its aroma and taste. I do want to have a Decaf available for those times I am drinking coffee late in the afternoon or night (which is rare for me).
    While I am keeping an open mind about what instant coffee product to get and consume, right now I have about 3 more unopen boxes of the Folgers Classic Roast and 4 more unopen boxes of the Folgers Classic Decaf, with the original boxes not used up yet.

The other things about these products was the cost, the Folgers was about $2/box while the Nescafe was around $4-$5 per box. I did notice an instant coffee using Kona Coffee at Long's Drug but it was selling for $8/box.

I haven't visited Safeway or Don Quijote for their instant coffee selections.

Here is a picture of the boxes of instant coffee that I have.

coffee.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123