Best instant coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best instant coffee?

Instant coffee? Hmmm kinda like saying what's the best powdered milk. For coffee lovers nothing beats either pressed or brewed.

I prefer perked so I can see far to brew my mud.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

When I was traveling in Ireland, some of the B&Bs had hot water and packets of instant. I thought "YUK!" but couldn't start the day without my coffee.

The packets contained Bewley's Instant Coffee, and I must confess that it was as good as any brewed cup of coffee I had ever had.

An online search of instant coffees seems to indicate that the best instant coffees come from England and Ireland!

I concur.

*K*
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Haven't tried it myself, but I heard Starbucks VIA was good.
        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
        "
        Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

like what's the best powdered milk? i have to disagree cuz some instants are REALLY awful while others are okay; i'm looking for the best okay instant coffee!

will check online for the bewleys; thanks!
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I'll stick my neck out and say that the Starbucks Via is very good for an instant coffee. Comes in individual foil packs and is available in two flavors, Italian roast and Columbian. It was a novelty purchase for me, but it's obviously much more expensive than your jar variety of instant. I think that it came to about 90 cents a cup IIRC. I see that Costco also carries it. I assume that it's cheaper that way. Haven't tried the decaf blend yet.

Comment

do you (or anyone else) know of a place on oahu that carries bewleys? i'd like to taste it....

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
              When I was traveling in Ireland, some of the B&Bs had hot water and packets of instant. I thought "YUK!" but couldn't start the day without my coffee.

The packets contained Bewley's Instant Coffee, and I must confess that it was as good as any brewed cup of coffee I had ever had.

An online search of instant coffees seems to indicate that the best instant coffees come from England and Ireland!

I concur.

*K*
              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I'm kind of new to the instant coffee. So far I purchased the following only because they come in single serve packets:
                • Folgers Classic Roast
                • Folgers Classic Decaf
                • Nescafe Taster's Choice House Blend
                • Nescafe Taster's Choice Hazelnut

I'm usually drinking it on the weekends when I am at home, on the weekdays I get coffee from different sources at or around work which doesn't do instant coffee.

Comment

Re: best instant coffee?

As I recently discovered when rushed and tired of boring instant taste, any instant coffee will more than suffice with a bit of pumpkin spice sprinkled in, always with cream of course.
                  Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Just adding more information to these products

Originally posted by helen View Post
                    • Folgers Classic Roast, box contains 7 packets, you will need to put in 6 ounces of hot water per packet
                    • Folgers Classic Decaf, box contains 6 packets, need to add 6 ounces of hot water per packet
                    • Nescafe Taster's Choice House Blend, box contains 18 packets, need to add 8 ounces of hot water per packet
                    • Nescafe Taster's Choice Hazelnut, box contains 16 packets, need to add 8 ounces of hot water per packet
                    I originally purchased the Folgers brand from Target in early December 2019, while the Nescafe brand was purchased in late December 2019 from either Wal-Mart or Foodland Farms.

Between the four products I am leaning toward the Nescafe Taster's Choice Hazelnut due to its aroma and taste. I do want to have a Decaf available for those times I am drinking coffee late in the afternoon or night (which is rare for me).
                    While I am keeping an open mind about what instant coffee product to get and consume, right now I have about 3 more unopen boxes of the Folgers Classic Roast and 4 more unopen boxes of the Folgers Classic Decaf, with the original boxes not used up yet.

The other things about these products was the cost, the Folgers was about $2/box while the Nescafe was around $4-$5 per box. I did notice an instant coffee using Kona Coffee at Long's Drug but it was selling for $8/box.

I haven't visited Safeway or Don Quijote for their instant coffee selections.

Comment

Here is a picture of the boxes of instant coffee that I have.

coffee.jpg

Comment

I also purchased and tried from Nescafe Taster's Choice their 100% Colombian and Decaf House Blend instant coffee.

At this point in time I still prefer the Nescafe Taster's Choice Hazelnut instant coffee, so much so that I more than stocked up but less that horded about 6 boxes of the stuff (I'm down to 5 boxes now) in the last month or so.

Comment

Found out Ala Moana's Longs Drug also sells the Nescafe Taster's Choice Hazelnut instant coffee, I usually a buy a box every time I go shopping there. At first I thought I was hoarding the stuff but when I checked my stock I only see 4 boxes in storage. Then again during April 2020 when I was working from home I would drink about 3 cups of Hazelnut coffee a day and a box has 16 packets so a box would be good for a week.

Comment

During the first lockdown in April 2020 I managed to purchase around 10 boxes (if not more) of the Nescafe Taster's Choice Hazelnut coffee. When I returned to work in mid May 2020 I was either getting coffee from 7-11 which offered Hazelnut as a choice during the weekday or from the Honolulu Coffee Experience Center whenever I was from off work (like weekends, holidays and vacation days), so I didn't an opportunity to make instant coffee at home.

When the Honolulu Coffee Experience Center temporally closed during the latter part of the second lockdown I restarted making instant coffee at home during the weekends. So far I am in the middle of consuming the second box and I got 8 more boxes to go plus I got another 2 boxes of the Taster's Choice decaf which hasn't been opened yet.

Comment

During the month of August 2021 I picked up a box of Starbucks Via Instant Pike Place Roast from either Longs Drugs or Target and a box of Starbucks Via Instant Veranda Blend from the Starbucks within Target. Each of the boxes contain 12 packets. I was just curious about the these flavors.

However I have to say that the Nescafe Taster's Choice Hazelhut coffee packets has a nice aroma when you open the packet. At least it makes for a simple test that if you can smell it, you are not suffering from COVID-19.

Comment

I haven't making coffee at home for quite some time. I got a couple of boxes of the Taster's Choice Hazelnut that will expire in August 2023. Not with this batch but an eariler batch close to the expiration date has the coffee inside the packet being as one solid piece.

Comment

Working...
                                X