Thread: Best instant coffee?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Best instant coffee?

you guys always come up with great suggestions so i wondered if anyone felt strongly about a particular brand of instant coffee. granted, it's a subjective opinion but that's okay. i'll give it a try.

thanks.
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Default Re: best instant coffee?

A French Press...

....and I'm not joking.

You can find a individual size for $10-15, you add a scoop or two of regular coffee fill with boiling water, let it set for a minute put the plunger in and pour into you cup and enjoy.

Remember Sanka?

There is no such thing as "best" instant coffee! Coffee & instant shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

I would agree with Ninja on a French Press - great REAL coffee, in just a couple minutes, without a cord! You can use it anyplace you can get hot water.

Wink Re: best instant coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    There is no such thing as "best" instant coffee! Coffee & instant shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

I would agree with Ninja on a French Press - great REAL coffee, in just a couple minutes, without a cord! You can use it anyplace you can get hot water.
    Anapuni said it about all for me - I'm 100% on board with this.
    I also have a 1-cup drip coffee device: 1 scoop in the bottom (filter) part, hothot water in the top, 1-minute to coffee - REAL coffee.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

The Racing Spoon

Used to be carried around our necks when I was in the armed forces. As other people will tell you if they are brothers in arms. It's not all action ! A lot of the time is spent sitting 'round waiting.
    It was taken for granted in the marines that you could have a few sips (with your racing spoon) of whatever was on the go.

Coffee, Stew, Curry 'n rice > The list goes on,,,,, as far as an airoplane hanger full of troops. Still got that spoon And it's a treasure hanging up next to my dog tags.

Love the Kona sent by mates in Hawii but to make it go further,,,,, I add some Nescafe,

Grey Man
    Last edited by Barry; May 6th, 2009 at 12:42 PM.

ha! ha! you guys crack me up! okay, i'll invest in a french press. i didn't realize there were such coffee purists here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post

525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Sorry I am not a coffe fan. I was married to some who had to have her 2 cups of coffee when she fisr got up. Yes forget the sex. And also her one cup of coffee when before she went to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    A French Press...

....and I'm not joking.

You can find a individual size for $10-15, you add a scoop or two of regular coffee fill with boiling water, let it set for a minute put the plunger in and pour into you cup and enjoy.
    O.K. I know I should read the whole thread but I'm on a short "leash". The
    french press is exquisite and is fabulous when there is no power (if you have a stove or gas grill with a burner). We keep coffee ground on hand for just
    such emergencies. But also we like to brew this method during normal times as well. Great suggestion!

are you going camping?

If so, let me suggest those coffee "tea bags" (folger makes one). Portable and perfect!

pax