Best instant coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best instant coffee?

you guys always come up with great suggestions so i wondered if anyone felt strongly about a particular brand of instant coffee. granted, it's a subjective opinion but that's okay. i'll give it a try.

thanks.
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: best instant coffee?

A French Press...

....and I'm not joking.

You can find a individual size for $10-15, you add a scoop or two of regular coffee fill with boiling water, let it set for a minute put the plunger in and pour into you cup and enjoy.

Comment

Remember Sanka?

Comment

There is no such thing as "best" instant coffee! Coffee & instant shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

I would agree with Ninja on a French Press - great REAL coffee, in just a couple minutes, without a cord! You can use it anyplace you can get hot water.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
          There is no such thing as "best" instant coffee! Coffee & instant shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

I would agree with Ninja on a French Press - great REAL coffee, in just a couple minutes, without a cord! You can use it anyplace you can get hot water.
          Anapuni said it about all for me - I'm 100% on board with this.
          I also have a 1-cup drip coffee device: 1 scoop in the bottom (filter) part, hothot water in the top, 1-minute to coffee - REAL coffee.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

The Racing Spoon

Used to be carried around our necks when I was in the armed forces. As other people will tell you if they are brothers in arms. It's not all action ! A lot of the time is spent sitting 'round waiting.
            It was taken for granted in the marines that you could have a few sips (with your racing spoon) of whatever was on the go.

Coffee, Stew, Curry 'n rice > The list goes on,,,,, as far as an airoplane hanger full of troops. Still got that spoon And it's a treasure hanging up next to my dog tags.

Love the Kona sent by mates in Hawii but to make it go further,,,,, I add some Nescafe,

Grey Man
            Last edited by Barry; May 6, 2009, 11:42 AM.

Comment

.wrong thread.
              Last edited by Kaukura; May 6, 2009, 12:25 PM.
              n'importe

Comment

ha! ha! you guys crack me up! okay, i'll invest in a french press. i didn't realize there were such coffee purists here!!!

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post

525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Sorry I am not a coffe fan. I was married to some who had to have her 2 cups of coffee when she fisr got up. Yes forget the sex. And also her one cup of coffee when before she went to bed.

Comment

I can fairly answer your question - Taster's Choice. It beats every american national brand of 'real' and instant coffee, though probably no 'purist' considers the national brands to be 'real' coffee (robusta is just too harsh and lacking in aromatics). It has an aromatic presence and even leaves that little hint of oily foam on the top that results from having made a good cup of coffee in the proper manner. A french press will not make a good cup of coffee if you don't put good coffee into it, so that answer just isn't an answer at all!
                    Last edited by salmoned; May 6, 2009, 02:03 PM.
                    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

For me, instant coffee is only good for making ice cream and finishing gravy...don't think I have ever really relished a cup.

Barry might can add on, but I know all my family/mates back home in Bermuda and the UK ALL drink exclusively Instant...and I have no idea why...
                      flickr

An email from God:
                      To: People of Earth
                      Date: 9/04/2007
                      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                      God

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                        I can fairly answer your question - Taster's Choice. It beats every american national brand of 'real' and instant coffee
                        Really? I searched the web for reviews on this and couldn't find one that had anywhere near this conclusion.
                        What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
                          A French Press...

....and I'm not joking.

You can find a individual size for $10-15, you add a scoop or two of regular coffee fill with boiling water, let it set for a minute put the plunger in and pour into you cup and enjoy.
                          O.K. I know I should read the whole thread but I'm on a short "leash". The
                          french press is exquisite and is fabulous when there is no power (if you have a stove or gas grill with a burner). We keep coffee ground on hand for just
                          such emergencies. But also we like to brew this method during normal times as well. Great suggestion!

Comment

are you going camping?

If so, let me suggest those coffee "tea bags" (folger makes one). Portable and perfect!

pax

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                              For me, instant coffee is only good for making ice cream and finishing gravy...don't think I have ever really relished a cup.

Barry might can add on, but I know all my family/mates back home in Bermuda and the UK ALL drink exclusively Instant...and I have no idea why...

Our man Tatt is absolutly correct. It's great in ice cream or to re-vitalise some Kona ( It's hard to get over here). Never thought of putting it in the gravy but must try it.
                              Some of my friends add a spoon of instant to the bath water, along with a tea bag. They claim that it prolongs their sun tan but I haven't seen any proof. Something about Tannin and Caffeine ?

Comment

Working...
                              X