Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Classroom luau

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Are pineapples still being grown in Hawaii? If so sending them a fruit to show what it looks like might be a suggestion.

3 Years ago I worked on a pineapple plantation on Oahu. It was called Dole and I got a lot of sun burn. Serious hard work too. From what I can gather from mates in Hawaii,,,, that plantation is still up and running.

Comment

I thought I had read that the Dole Plantation was shutting down (or a large portion was closing) and/or being outsourced to Mexico. Can anyone confirm this? I know I don't have all of the details correct, but I was always curious about what happened with that.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
        I thought I had read that the Dole Plantation was shutting down (or a large portion was closing) and/or being outsourced to Mexico. Can anyone confirm this? I know I don't have all of the details correct, but I was always curious about what happened with that.

Del Monte pulled out:

http://www.kitv.com/news/6665038/detail.html

You may have heard something about this tho:

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/s...7/daily23.html

Comment

I've a thought:

go to WalMart and buy candy lei for super cheap. Find out how many kids are in her classroom and send them up. It is usually gum and candy, but for $1.50a pop you can supply the whole class and they will all be rock stars on campus for a day. At eight years old, they will feel special! Plus, there is enough candy in each lei that the siblings won't maul 'em too bad when they each get home.

pax

Comment

Thanks, PM. I got the cry for help late Monday and the package was sent this morning! Thank goodness for flat rate boxes! The luau is for 100 children; the entire grade, it turns out, not just the mo`opuna's class. I went to the 99¢ Store with the hope of buying shell leis at 3/99¢ but their Hawaiian sourvenir dept. isn't yet stocked after the store's recent move.

My daughter mentioned the teacher is thrilled to be receiving goodies directly from Hawaii. That's not happened before! I hope I get a little more notice when it's time for mo`opuna #3's 3rd grade luau in a few years! I love sending stuff from Hawaii!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Thanks, PM. I got the cry for help late Monday and the package was sent this morning! Thank goodness for flat rate boxes! The luau is for 100 children; the entire grade, it turns out, not just the mo`opuna's class. I went to the 99¢ Store with the hope of buying shell leis at 3/99¢ but their Hawaiian sourvenir dept. isn't yet stocked after the store's recent move.

My daughter mentioned the teacher is thrilled to be receiving goodies directly from Hawaii. That's not happened before! I hope I get a little more notice when it's time for mo`opuna #3's 3rd grade luau in a few years! I love sending stuff from Hawaii!

Just want to say that You Are A Star.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                Just want to say that You Are A Star.
                Nah...I'm just a tutu. Susan Boyle's a star!

Comment

Working...
                X