Farrah Fawcett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farrah Fawcett

Tonight was the debut of Farrah Fawcett's Story on NBC.

Here's a thread to share your thoughts.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Farrah Fawcett

I remember FF as a child and never did understand her mystique (most likely because I was in the wrong demographic). Even though I have known who she was pretty much my whole life, when factoids about her would pop up in the news, it never filed in any of my internal registers beyond being simple trivia.

Yet I watched that program and felt greatly for her. I felt for ONeal as well, and saw a bit of his humanity through my previous file on him (under W for "wasted and pitiful"). By the end of the program, I found myself wishing for peace and an end to her suffering; it was a very hospice-like mood.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
      I felt for ONeal as well, and saw a bit of his humanity through my previous file on him (under W for "wasted and pitiful").
      In my mind, I thought: How ironic. O'Neal is best remembered for Love Story, where he had an on-screen romance with someone who dies of a terminal illness. And now, he's in that role again,.... but in real life. Heartbreaking.

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
      By the end of the program, I found myself wishing for peace and an end to her suffering; it was a very hospice-like mood.
      And yet, Farrah has not written herself off and is not quitting. I have to say this: Whatever ends up happening, her story is just as inspiring as that of cancer survivors like Lance Armstrong. Not everybody has the same fighting spirit. My hats off to her. She's one tough lady.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I worked with Farrah on the Head & Shoulders commercial in the 1960s. It was one of her first jobs in L.A. She was young, beautiful and unknown. I remember her as being very sweet...
        Out of the blue 5 days ago, I found my best friend from 8th grade, on Facebook. She looks just like Farrah did a year ago; a stunning similarity...
        I lost my best friend to cancer 15 months ago. She was just as gorgeous, vivacious and as big a fighter as Farrah...
        I could not bring myself to watch the documentary last night.

Comment

Farrah only appeared during the first season of Charlie's Angels, after that she had various guest appearences on the show. But she, that show, was very popular, her poster on walls from sea to shining sea. People thought she couldnt act, but she did a great job years later in Burning Bed. It's sad what she and her family is going thru, she's way too young to die, but cancer strikes with no prejudice regardless of age, race, etc. I remember thinking when I was a kid what a powerful couple Farrah and Lee Majors were at that time during the 70's, when their shows were hits, they were a cute couple, they really seemed to have it all.

Aj

Comment

hi,i agree with you kalihiboy,she was phenanomol and she and at the time lee m were great together is i remember when charile's angel's came here,i took a bus to a hotel to learn if i was able to get their autograph only i didnt have good luck is when i arrived,i saw Js in the limo for her shoot for charlie's angel's and i missed Js by a second and she was at the kahala mandarin and so i left and headed home only it was nice to see js in the limo going for a shoot for Charile's angel's..

i never met farrah only i in my heart know she'll beat this cancer and i'll keep good thought's for her and hope she'll pull through.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

hi,i wish to apologize for sharing that i was close to meeting Js the actress only i didnt mean anything by sharing only i did get her autograph and that would be once when i wrote a nice letter to her from my computer to request one autograph and i included my self addressed stamped envelope and she was very kind to autograph her photo and return it in the self addressed stamped envelope so if it sound'ed like i was being unkind,im positive i wasnt so please accept my truest and humblest apologies for this post,please?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Who are you talking about in your post Sansei, Jaclyn Smith?

Aj

Comment

hi kalihiboy yes and i dont mean any harm in my post,i was just sharing on how i received her Jaclyn Smith's autograph and not anything more.

well thank's for your time

Comment

The decision to watch Farrah's Story is a personal choice for everyone, of course. Certainly, there are scenes which may be too painful for some people to watch. But FWIW, this documentary is completely Farrah's brainchild. For over 30 years, much of the information the public has learned about Farrah's personal life has come through the tabloids. A lot of it inaccurate and exaggerated, if not outright lies. Even media coverage of her battle against cancer has been tainted with rumors and confidential medical information that has been leaked. The NBC documentary was an opportunity for the actress to tell her own story and to set the record straight. And it was Farrah's way of transmitting visual images of herself, on her own terms, rather than having the public's last glimpses of her be through the exploitative lenses of the paparazzi.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Farrah Fawcett showed she was a good sport when she appeared on the Howard Stern's show a few years ago. She gave him a tongue kiss when they acted out a kissing scene. Even Howard Stern was shocked that she did that. Her appearance on the David Letterman's show where she kept getting distracted during the interview. She was made fun of by Letterman and Shafer of that appearance. She didn't take being a target too seriously like Oprah who refused to guest on the Letterman show for a long time. Farrah Fawcett was a guest on the show soon after that faux pas appearance.

Comment

Working...
                      X