Thread: "So You Think You Can Dance" - Season 5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default "So You Think You Can Dance" - Season 5

On the heels of American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance. These are pretty much the only two "reality contest shows" that I watch. Anyone else watching tomorrow?

Default Re: "So You Think You Can Dance" - Season 5

Between AI and DWTS, I'm pretty much reality-showed out by this time of the year! I'll start watching SYTYCD at about the top 10 mark...unless a Hawaii dancer makes his/her mark earlier, like Mark Kanemura did last year. Mark and 9 other dancers from last season appeared on the Ellen show yesterday.

I thought it was pretty cool to see 2 previous SYTYCD contestants brought on board, as pros, this season's DWTS.

Wow, Tyce Diorio is a little cranky as a judge. I wonder if he's bucking to be the Simon Cowell of SYTYCD.

Hawaii has a contestant who was put thru to Vegas...Kamehameha grad, Kupono. Didn't get his last name. That means I add SYTYCD to my weekly viewing schedule. *sigh*

I think his name is Kuponohi'ipoi Aweau. I feel a little sorry for him that people are starting to call him Mark 2.0 (at least on Television Without Pity). He deserves a chance to establish his own identity as a dancer. Also, the brother and sister team seemed kinda uji.

OMG...I know him as Pono Aweau! He looked totally different than the last time I saw him during a dance audition last year. Shoot...wish I'd dvr'd the show. I first met him at another audition a few years ago, the same audition where I first met Mark Kanemura. I believe both guys came out of Marcelo Pacleb's 24/7 Dance Force. I need to hele on over to Facebook and ask if Kuponohi'ipoi Aweau (referred to as Kupono last night) is, in fact, Pono Aweau. It looks like I'll be glued to that show!