"So You Think You Can Dance" - Season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "So You Think You Can Dance" - Season 5

I missed Mia's previous, negative comments about Brandon so felt outta the loop with tonight's discussion. I thought tonight's dancing was outstanding...almost as good as week 1. I got a kick out of the alien costume and the condom reference!

I've been trying to vote and have gotten thru only twice. I'm hoping that means lots and lots of voting is going on, esp. since the Hon. Adv. did an article on Pono yesterday. I really, really hope it's not faulty phone lines. I'd never gotten a busy signal before tonight. Kewl! Just tried again and got thru but that makes only 3 votes. I have another hour!

Comment

Spoiler
      Awww, it does seem Pono is having a tough time. Yay that he gets to keep trying, though!

Comment

I've already been 'spoiled'! While posting the YouTube video to Facebook, a comment indicated the outcome. I shoulda thought of that. *sigh*

Hey, Adri. You and I are monopolizing this thread!

Comment

Pono's 2 dances tonight were amazing but the contemporary dance piece, "addiction", choreographed by Mia Michaels, was...was...hmmm...I'm speechless. It brought me to tears.
          :::G:O:::P:O:N:O:::

Comment

tutusue: Wow, we are the only two posting here

I felt sorry for the dancers who got the Russian Folk Dance and I liked that Tyce spoke up for the dancers doing the best they could with what they were given.

The Mia Michael's dance brought her to tears, too.

Hope Pono hangs in there!

Comment

I'd love to see Pono win or at least make the tour. He has to survive this week to do that. He deserves to survive. Here's his 'addiction' dance.

Comment

Survival=Tour...:::Y:E:A:::

Comment

Spoilerish
                  Yay for Pono surviving another week! But it's not good that he was in the bottom 3 again this week. Oops, spoiler was wrong. He wasn't in the bottom 3! Yay!
                  Last edited by Adri; July 9, 2009, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Hi Adri
                    Pono's solo was incredible. Wow! But the judges panned his paso doble. I thought it was great but I don't have a trained eye. How does a brand new couple develop the kind of sensual charisma needed for the paso? I know he was worried about it because he sent out a message a couple of days ago stating..."Save Pono"!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I'm voting like a madtutu in the hopes of single-handedly saving him! For any of you reading this before 11:00 tonight (Wed.)...SAVE PONO by voting now:
                    1-888-836-7603

Comment

Hi tutusue! This seems like our very own private thread *g*

I did really like Pono's solo and I felt badly for him getting so criticized for his paso doble. I think they did well.

I really really love Travis Walls as a dancer and now choreographer

Comment

I love that the show is giving former contestants a chance to show their stuff. Travis' choreography was incredible. So were the dancers who executed it. Just fabulous. I think I mentioned in the last Dancing with the Stars thread that that show used 2 previous SYTYCD contestants as pros. They did well.

Personally I think since the judges no longer "count", that they're trying to influence the voting public. That's probably true across the board with all these talent reality shows. Still, Pono's paso didn't deserve such strong criticism. I watched it again and it was beautiful. The best of the night? No! But excellent nonetheless. Hopefully Hawaii has done it's mega-vote-o-ramarellathon! I contributed my share!

I love the opportunities the talent reality shows offer.

Comment

I'm so glad that Pono will at least be on the tour. I'm with you ~ I'm glad SYTYCD offers its former dancers continuing opportunities.

I think in AI a lot of people, myself included, have concluded that it's probably better to make it to the end of the show but not win so you can get a better recording contract after you get all the exposure from the show. But with SYTYCD, being on the show seems to really open doors for a lot of the dancers.

Comment

Spoilery
                            NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! sigh. At least he made the tour.

Comment

Response to spoilery!
                              Yep...someone spilled the beans on Facebook. I now have my Thursday evenings back...unfortunately. Pono is a class act.

Comment

Working...
                              X