Skinny Sam Choy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skinny Sam Choy

Watching the Sam Choy program right now and... wth? He certainly looks healthier, but he looks like a different person. Anyone know the story?

Re: Skinny Sam Choy

I read that he was very disciplined in his diet and exercise. He's also an avid golfer. I also read that his incentive was for his grandchildren. I have a good story about him. In 1994 or thereabouts I was at the Big Island Bounty food and wine festival. Sam was there doing a cooking demo. After the demo I went up and talked basenji's with him, he had/has a beloved basenji Hoku Aloha. It struck up a common cord because at the time I had a little dog that was basenji/pitbull. I commented on his absolutely lovely maile/mokihana lei, I'd never seen one before in person nor smelled the beautiful mokihana. Sam graciously removed the lei and put it around my shoulders and said he'd rather have me enjoy it and be happy knowing that. It was such a lovely moment and memory which I'll never forget! What a lovely man

Comment

I thought it was due to gastric bypass surgery?
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Here's something to read:
        http://archives.starbulletin.com/199...ial/chang.html

It's an old article but I don't ever recall hearing about gastric bypass or the banding procedure.

Comment

Working...
        X