Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone remember Shawnee from late seventies KQMQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone remember Shawnee from late seventies KQMQ?

Does anyone recall Shawnee from 93FM-Q back in the late seventies? I can't recall if her name was Shawnee or not but she was the evening jock on KQMQ spinning AOR before the change became CHR in late 1980. She was on the station when Steven B. Williams was the PD. I recall that the guy from the rock band Snazz was also a DJ along with another guy who went by one name like Shawnee. I wondered what ever became of her because I never heard her elsewhere on the dial after the format change.

Re: Does anyone remember Shawnee from late seventies KQMQ?

All the way up through mid-90s KSSK-FM ... then, back to KPOI, IIRC? Last I knew she was working in Colorado. "The Peak" comes to mind, but that was a few years back.
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

I have a cassette tape I made in the 1980s of a Shawnee spinning alt rock on KPOI.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Thanks Erika for the update. I never had a chance to hear her on those stations so I thought that she was no longer on the air after 1980. I did listen to those stations during the 80s and 90s but I must have been listening during the wrong times. Good to know.

That's cool Mel that you have an aircheck on cassette.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Scarlet View Post
          I recall that the guy from the rock band Snazz was also a DJ
          Fritz Hasenpusch aka "The Fritz"

Comment

Working...
          X