Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HT Meet up in Dublin

Originally posted by helen View Post
    I wasn't planning on coming but if I was coming I would ask the following questions only because there are some lack of information about this gathering:

1) It's on the 13th. The 13th of what? June? July? August?
    2) When on the 13th is the gathering? Is it a breakfast thing, or lunch or dinner gathering or between meal times?
    3) Where is the gathering being held? The Grafton hotel where Barry is staying or the unnamed hotel around the corner where Kaonohi is staying at?
    4) Roughly when does it end?
    5) Assuming #1, #2 and #3 get's finalized, how does one meet up with you? Will there be a sign saying "HawaiiThreads" or does one go to each table and say "Hey brah, you Barry?" until someone says "yeah"?
    Ah, you're one of those 'plan ahead' types. Gotta admire that!

We're still in planning stages but we do know the month - July.
    I'm NOT an early riser, so it won't be first thing, plus I'll have been flying all the 12th, but we haven't settled on a time yet. With all the Guinness' I have to drink for everyone it'll likely be from noon to midnight - or until we either can't stand each other or the bobbies break it up. Likely we'll be wandering.
    We will likely rent a cell phone while there since Verizon doesn't cover us in Europe - so I'm told. If so, we'll post a contact number on this very thread.
    Or, just look for someone that looks a little like Kenny Rodgers, dark hair, gray beard.

Barry knows Dublin better than I, so he will be picking the meeting place. I'm staying at the Buswell Hotel.

Good questions! The world wouldn't turn without folks like you.

And an aside to Lei K - OK, 3, but I'll have to spread 'em out.
    Last edited by Kaonohi; May 27, 2009, 09:47 AM. Reason: Hotel Name.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I will be arriving early in the morning and will check my case in and then go for some breakfast. My friends from Hawaii will be jet lagged and so I will leave a note for them in their hotel with my phone number,,,, room number etc.
      Perhaps have a drink later ?

Not being a control freak ! but there is a lot of Dublin that I want to show them. When they come 'round.

I did invite several people to join us for a drink on 14th July. Many said they would try but the 'credit crunch' is on us in Europe. Who knows ? We will have to wait and see. It all adds to the excitement.

Sorry about the photo in the avatar but it's the most recent one I've got.
      Last edited by Barry; May 27, 2009, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
        Sorry about the photo in the avatar but it's the most recent one I've got.
        Funny, you're exactly like I pictured you. Glad you finally got an avatar!
        I keep my personal photo in my profile, as Kenny and I are so ordinary..... My 7-star is so more dramatic!

We'll be passing through London end of the month, too (28-31 ... that's JULY, Helen! ), in case we can touch base when we leave, as well.

Hmmm. I have to go to Europe to meet HTer's?

~ ~

Comment

Eh Barry, matapule's uaifi - ta'ahine talavo 'aupito - will be flying through Heathrow on June 11 or 12 on way to Frankfurt, to visit eldest keiki who is on temporary work assignment there. Won't be able to make it to Dublin this time but planning a trip for the future.

Matapule's ancestors came from County Longford, on the Shannon. Erin go brah!
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
            Eh Barry, matapule's uaifi - ta'ahine talavo 'aupito - will be flying through Heathrow on June 11 or 12 on way to Frankfurt, to visit eldest keiki who is on temporary work assignment there. Won't be able to make it to Dublin this time but planning a trip for the future.

Matapule's ancestors came from County Longford, on the Shannon. Erin go brah!

We will just miss you and it's only a 45 min flight from Heathrow to Dublin. As you say, there is always next time.

Comment

My second day in Dublin.
              Barry & I haven't contacted yet, I gotta check Grafton's, but I don't know Barry's last name.... So I wait fr his message....

Barry?
              ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                Funny, you're exactly like I pictured you. Glad you finally got an avatar!
                Darn!!! I missed seeing Barry's avatar! Kaonohi, please take lots of photos for us back here?

Have a great time, you guys and Mrs. K.

barb

Comment

My second day in Dublin.
                  Barry & I haven't contacted yet, I gotta check Grafton's, but I don't know Barry's last name.... So I wait fr his message....

Barry?
                  He said his mobile phone was 07906093156.
                  country code for UK is 44.
                  I tried from here, no connection.
                  One try got me a message saying: mobile phone unavailable.
                  Anybody want to do me a favor, call him and have him leave a message at my hotel: I'll reimburse you phone charges later.

I'm at:
                  Buswells, Dublin, (01) 614-6500, room 306

Anyway, even without him we're having a great time.
                  St. Pat's, the old prison, the Guinness', GREAT people, touring Dublin.
                  Today the Museum, Trinity & the Book of Kells.....

Finally past Jet Lag!

See y'all in August!
                  ~ ~

Comment

Are you SURE that's the right number for your hotel? I can't get through.
                    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ok, the only number that seems to work from France is 00 44 353 OI 614 6500

But it's busy.
                      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

We're checking out of Buswell's, Dublin. The great HT meeting went bust. I fear Barry was somehow 'unavoidable detained. I'll tery to find him in London the last 3 days of July.
                        We're going motoring around the island (avoiding Belfast).
                        I'll heck in when I can.
                        ~ ~

Comment

[...]The great HT meeting went bust. I fear Barry was somehow 'unavoidable detained. [...]
                          Very strange, Kaonohi. The last time Barry posted was this past Sun. 7/12, in the What's for Dinner thread. Here's part of what he said:
                          I will be flying to Ireland at the unearthly hour of 6.30 a.m. Monday morning to meet some lovely Hawiian members.
                          I hope he's okay.

Comment

Yes, I hope he's OK too. I keep getting a 'number unavailable' when I call. If anybody knows his last name, or his real name, I could try the Liverpool phone book.
                            Speak to the heart and the man becomes instantly virtuous. Emerson

Comment

Barry MIA?
                              Not good.

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              I hope he's okay.
                              Me, too.
                              To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Originally posted by Betsey View Post
                                Yes, I hope he's OK too. I keep getting a 'number unavailable' when I call. If anybody knows his last name, or his real name, I could try the Liverpool phone book.
                                Ryan knows everybody's real everything. I'll drop him a note. I don't know if he will intervene - not much anyone can do, right? Even as close as I am (or may be), I'm locked into family schedules, and crippled with limited access, no phone, etc.

Let's hope. He's not a spring chicken (as I am not), and may have gotten ill or whatever. I have heard of no plane crashes on the 12th... so who knows?
                                Illness? Accident? Bummers!

K
                                ~ ~

Comment

Working...
                                X