No announcement yet.

HT Meet up in Dublin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, YES, I will be there, the last half of July, drinking a pint for any of you who don't show up, then sleeping it off, I guess. If you don't show, the rest of us (Barry and me at least, though I've had some tentative probes...) will be talking behind your backs! - And we got some tales to tell! So you better be there. You know what Guinesses does!

Unfortunately - or fortunately - ye ne'er recall in the morn'.

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Is anyone other than Barry really going? He tends to have a reputation for, ummm, offbeat posts on HT. Did I mistake this thread for another?
    Easy Sue, it's just cross-cultural miscommunication!
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Re: HT Meet up in Dublin

"
      Originally Posted by tutusue
      Is anyone other than Barry really going? He tends to have a reputation for, ummm, offbeat posts on HT. Did I mistake this thread for another? "

Eat your heart out

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
        [...]
        I do resent one member saying that I go off board at times. I am presenting the facts.
        Nope...I mentioned "offbeat". I have no idea what "off board" means.

"Offbeat", as I meant it, means unconventional, unusual, quirky, yada, yada! There were not enough facts offered in post #1 to make any sense to me. I found it a bit of a mystery. That made it unconventional, unusual, therefore "offbeat"...to me. It took other members filling in the blanks and admin (I guess) to change the title. Only after all of that did I understand this thread.

Of course, you're free to resent as you see fit.

Offbeat threads and replies have happened in the past. That's not necessarily a negative but it can be...depending. Just my 2¢.
        [...]Eat your heart out
        For what reason?

Comment

Eat your heart out
          Come on tutusue, join us. It'll be the time of your life!
          Dunna ya got airline miles?

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Clan Wallace, in my case.
          As in William Wallace? Friend and ally of the Bruce?

Originally posted by Lei K
          ooooh yes, I'd love a trip report and pictures! I hope you guys have a great time, have a Guinness for me!
          Perhaps two, just for you, y' understand....

Ireland in the heart of Dublin. but to stroll around the Temple Bar side streets and listen to the music is a superb experience. The full Irish breakfast in these hotels is a killer and you need nothing to eat for the rest of the day until dinner time.
          Temple bar? My HT friend Barry said to avoid Temple Bar - as great a tourist trap as Waikiki!

Rain? HAH! You never been to Kahalu`u, where rain is the only sunshine we got! To quote the neighbors, "It's only water!?! Don't you bathe?"
          ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
            Come on tutusue, join us. It'll be the time of your life!
            Dunna ya got airline miles?
            Don't have a single mile, Kaonohi. Really! I've had to curtail all travel outside the State of Hawaii for medical reasons. Even without that reason, the current economy would prevent me from traveling beyond the Travel Channel. Good thing I moved to my ultimate travel destination 31 years ago! My daughter, otoh, is a globe trotter and I live vicariously thru her! That's recession-friendly for me!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Don't have a single mile, Kaonohi. Really! I've had to curtail all travel outside the State of Hawaii for medical reasons. Even without that reason, the current economy would prevent me from traveling beyond the Travel Channel. Good thing I moved to my ultimate travel destination 31 years ago! My daughter, otoh, is a globe trotter and I live vicariously thru her! That's recession-friendly for me!
              OK, send your daughter (is she as cute as you? - I hope...) and whether or not, we'll collect photos and clips so you can join us vicariously.

I might even bring you a shamrock!

Yeah, after you been Hawai`i, where do you go? My ultimate destination.... except I gotta get to Hanalei....
              ~ ~

Comment

Hi Yer Sue. I've no idea who will be joining us Ireland. Sadly I could not book the same hotel as Kaonohi and his good lady but got a nice one around the corner. I did blow the bugle to let people know the venues. Of course You are welcome and I have no idea who will turn up.

Comment

I'm surprised my daughter hasn't visited Ireland yet 'cuz she's at least 3/4 Irish! Her 2009 trips are already planned and reserved...finished Egypt in January, Australia in Sept. and Thailand in December. No more vacation time left, much to her dismay. And, yes, she's adorable. Just check my avatar and think a 25 years younger version.

Comment

I wasn't planning on coming but if I was coming I would ask the following questions only because there are some lack of information about this gathering:

1) It's on the 13th. The 13th of what? June? July? August?
                    2) When on the 13th is the gathering? Is it a breakfast thing, or lunch or dinner gathering or between meal times?
                    3) Where is the gathering being held? The Grafton hotel where Barry is staying or the unnamed hotel around the corner where Kaonohi is staying at?
                    4) Roughly when does it end?
                    5) Assuming #1, #2 and #3 get's finalized, how does one meet up with you? Will there be a sign saying "HawaiiThreads" or does one go to each table and say "Hey brah, you Barry?" until someone says "yeah"?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                      5) Assuming #1, #2 and #3 get's finalized, how does one meet up with you? Will there be a sign saying "HawaiiThreads" or does one go to each table and say "Hey brah, you Barry?" until someone says "yeah"?
                      Okay, this made me laugh.

"Eh brah, you Barry or wat? No? K, den."

"Shoots, where dis buggah stay?"

Oh tutu, I'm so envious of your daughter. I'd LOVE to travel to all of those places, how wonderful. One day!

For right now I'll be happy just to come HOME as soon as possible.

Kaonohi, you can have 3 Guinnesses for me, if you like.
                      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Is that a kilt you're wearing, or Are you glad to see me?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                          Is that a kilt you're wearing, or Are you glad to see me?
                          Better to be caught with your kilt up than your pants down.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            Better to be caught with your kilt up than your pants down.
                            Confucius says, Woman with dress up, runs faster than man with pants down.
                            From the comedy stylings of Redd Foxx.

Comment

Sorry Sue for not being clear enough for you. A lot of people have said they would like to have a pint and a meal with us but I have absolutely no idea who will turn up.

My agenda.

Flight from John Lennon airport B56VNS to Dublin 13th July

Staying at the Grafton Capital Hotel, Stephen Street, Dublin D2
                              It is very close to Trinity College. Near to the famous statue of Molly Mallone. About a stones throw from Kaonohi's hotel.

I will be in Dublin until July 20th meeting relatives and friends. Kaonohi and his good lady are getting a car and touring the 'Emerald Isle.'

They will still be there when I get back to England on 20th July.

I hope this clears matters up ? I don't intend to be "off beat" but often I find it difficult to keep up with the threads and the language used.

Comment

Re: HT Meet up

...to stroll around the Temple Bar side streets and listen to the music is a superb experience.
                                I have very fond memories of Merchant O'Shea's in the evenings and going to the Brazen Head on Sunday morning for the open mic singing(after mass of course). Dublin is a treasure including Temple Bar even with the tourists and English "hen party" girls.

Galway is still my favorite city in Ireland.

Have a great time. I'm jealous.
                                Last edited by sinjin; May 27, 2009, 05:32 AM.
                                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
                                X