Burials at National Cemeteries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Burials at National Cemeteries?

Last month I went to a service for a General. It was so interesting and very very moving all the protocol and ceremony. They even had a 13 canon fire
    which at the time I didn't know the meaning of the number of shots and had to look it up when I got home. This General was only able to be buried at Punchbowl because his wife was there already as it's full.

The entire funeral made me feel so thankful for our military both active and no longer with us, it was a very moving afternoon.

Comment

Musubi, Thank you very much for the time you took to research and respond to my questions. I appreciate it. The link you provided gave me the information I was looking for.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
        Thanks for sharing your insights, Musubi. It certainly cleared up many of my questions.
        You're most welcome. Glad to have been of service.

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
        Sounds like for anyone who did not get the opportunity to reserve a plot for themselves, it takes some fortuitous timing and the right circumstances in order to receive a casket burial in Punchbowl.
        I think that anyone who has coordinated final arrangements at NMCP would agree.
        That pretty well sums it up.
        To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
          Musubi, Thank you very much for the time you took to research and respond to my questions. I appreciate it. The link you provided gave me the information I was looking for.
          I'm glad that you were able to find sufficient information to put to rest any questions or doubts.

As I told FM, you're most welcome! Aloha no, glad I could help.
          To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

hi anapuni808.my deceased father is buried there is he was a member of the 442nd and 522 group and he was a 1st class seargent and only he and my mom who's his spouse which my mom will be intered there and they will both be together.,if your a spouse or you have a child who born and died a few day's later

and would be a dependent of the military spouse,then you are able to be buried there,if your not a dependent as myself is,im not allowed to be intered there so i would be buried with my mom's relative's in nuuanu. hope this help's with your thought's?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Mahalo Sansei for your thoughts.
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
              X