Clear All

Re: Netflix: what's on your queue?

Originally posted by tptpgogogo View Post
    Hey Zff, you're all over on forums huh lol
    You too!

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
      I've tried both. Netflix has a much broader range of movie and video selections (and they are available,) and Netflix is always proactive when it comes to dealing with customer service and providing new services. It seems Blockbuster is always running to catch up with what customers want, and try to replace availability with lower prices. I was with Netflix for several years, tried Blockbuster, took a break while relocating and now back to my queue! (They saved it, too!)

Just returned Moloka'i: The Father Damien Story. We learned much from that film; very interesting and sweet story. Now I understand the pending sainthood.

Next five (well, I messed around with the queue last time I listed it here

Night at the Museum
      The Librarian: Quest for the Spear
      The Freedom Writers
      Pirates Who Don't Do Anything
      Akeela and the Bee
      Night at the Museum is a fun movie! I can't wait for the sequel to come to DVD. and yes, I've also found Netflix to have excellent customer service. Recently, I got a DVD that was damaged - got the new one before I even returned the bad one. I also like the fact that they have a local distribution center. I returned a movie today and by wednesday, I'll have the next one on my queue. and the next one in my queue is...............drum roll please:

Beverly Hills Chiuahua.

(no comments please - I like escapism in my movies )
      Last edited by anapuni808; June 15, 2009, 09:49 PM. Reason: (had to go check my Netflix queue)
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
        Night at the Museum is a fun movie! I can't wait for the sequel to come to DVD. and yes, I've also found Netflix to have excellent customer service. Recently, I got a DVD that was damaged - got the new one before I even returned the bad one. I also like the fact that they have a local distribution center. I returned a movie today and by wednesday, I'll have the next one on my queue. and the next one in my queue is...............drum roll please:

Beverly Hills Chiuahua.

(no comments please - I like escapism in my movies )
        I'm going to comment anyway. Let me know how it is. One of my friends has a chiuahua and really wants to see it, but her husband will only watch it if he can find another adult to give it a positive review.

I forgot about their awesome customer service. And my husband was NUTS about Night at the Museum. He made me go see in it the theater three times. (He's just a big kid)

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I’m a new member of Blockbuster Online. So far, I’m happy with their service. I get the next DVD within two days. And when I first started, I had a bunch of questions. I was surprised that they’d take only 5 to 10 minutes to send me an email response… even on Sunday at midnight. We’ll see… if I get heavy into movie watching, I might look at other plans and compare with Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
            I'm going to comment anyway. Let me know how it is. One of my friends has a chiuahua and really wants to see it, but her husband will only watch it if he can find another adult to give it a positive review.
            I just watched the movie - it was really fun & cute! There was one bit that made me laugh out loud. Trying to figure out who was voicing which dog was also fun - I guessed most of them right. All in all, it was very enjoyable.
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
              I just watched the movie - it was really fun & cute! There was one bit that made me laugh out loud. Trying to figure out who was voicing which dog was also fun - I guessed most of them right. All in all, it was very enjoyable.
              Hmm. Thanks for the review. I'll let her know, and maybe sneak this one on to our queue, which is now loaded with Las Vegas, Season 3, Doogie Howser, Season 2, Burn Notice, Season 2, and Confessions of a Shopaholic.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I see what you mean about Netflix having a broad selection. I want to see 'Departures' (Okuribito), but Blockbuster Online doesn't have it... I see Netflix does. Oh well, anyway, $3.99 a month is all I can afford right now.

I just got notice that they mailed Wall-E to me

Next on my list:

Changeling
                Forgetting Sarah Marshall
                Children of Men
                Donnie Darko
                Dark City

There are a lot of Hitchcock movies I've never seen... I want to get around to those eventually. Oh, and I've got a bunch of David Lynch movies at the bottom of my queue.

Comment

ijust watched "God grew tired of us" via netflix.
                  very good movie... thought provoking and inspiring.

check it out here:
                  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0301555/
                  the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

I just watched 'Coraline'

Next on my queue:
                    Changeling
                    Forgetting Sarah Marshall
                    Ratatouille
                    Children of Men
                    Dark City

I keep changing it.

Comment

I just watched Planet Terror, and next is Spirited Away.

I'm sorry to say that I will be cancelling my membership after that. I've been having so much fun with this... I visit my queue every day, change things around, add and delete. It's only $3.99 a month for two DVDs, but it's an unnecessary expenditure. I've been looking at my expenses to see what I can cut out, and this was one of them.

Comment

I had to cancel my Blockbuster account. I now borrow DVDs from the library -- only a dollar per DVD! I usually have to wait a few weeks and sometimes a couple of months for the newer movies, but it's not a big deal.

I recently saw 'Up' and 'Angels and Demons'

On my request list:
                        District 9
                        The Hangover
                        Funny People
                        Okuribito (Funerals)
                        Inglorious Basterds
                        The Hurt Locker
                        Zombieland

Comment

Three Sheets