Thread: Netflix: what's on your queue?

Question Netflix: what's on your queue?

Well?

Right now my 5:

Death Sentence
    Army of Darkness
    Donnie Darko
    Entourage Season 1

Red face Re: Netflix: what's on your queue?

Love Netflix. And Netflix streaming, via Roku. You can be my friend here. Or actually "our" friend, since my wife and I share a queue.

Up next:
    The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
    Lady Vengeance
    Vicky Cristina Barcelona
    The Wages of Fear
    Bride and Prejudice

Default Re: Netflix: what's on your queue?

PZ - you will LOVE the Three Burials!!!!! It's the best Tommy Lee Jones film I've ever seen.

The Pineapple Express
    Changeling (the one with Angelina Jolie)
    Wall-E
    Children of Men
    Dark City

Top 3 in the queue:
    1 Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    2 Hannah Montana: Keeping It Real - Uh, that's not my pick.
    3 Breaking Bad Season 1 - Am currently watching S2 on AMC and it's amazing, so decided to go back and rehash the first season. More than amazing, actually. Astounding. Anyone who loved HBO series like The Wire, Deadwood, Rome, etc. should watch this show.

Also, just watched Slumdog Millionaire from netflix last night. That is a really great movie. Didn't think it would live up to the hype, but it did.

How many items are normally in your Netflix queue?

Right now mine has 52, but it's unusually high because I just queued all 4 seasons of Enterprise. Without those, it'd have about 30 items, and that's pretty normal for me. Of course, I'm always fussing with it -- adding stuff, removing stuff, reordering it, etc.

Those 52 items don't even include all the Saved DVDs I have at the bottom. There are 10 items there, but some of them are movies that haven't even come out in the theaters yet.
    Last edited by zff; May 29th, 2009 at 07:09 PM.

On my Q:

Season 1 of Doogie Howser, M.D.
    Season 2 of Las Vegas
    Body of Lies

We really just rent TV shows off Netflix and rent movies from the Redbox across the street. They're only $1. That way, we can pick what we feel like watching that night instead of having movies we aren't in the mood for and end up sending back without ever watching. I ended up keeping Syriana for a year and a half because I was never in the mood to watch it. And yes, I sent it back without seeing it. That's when J laid down the law and said we were only allowed to keep movies for a week.

Can't think of anything creative this time

I rejoined Netflix after a couple of years to find they saved my queue and sallied forth with the next one on the list! Pretty cool. DH has been loving the on demand movies, and my next 5 are:

Freedom Writers
    Akeelah and the Bee
    Meet Me in St Louis
    Cabin in the Sky
    Kiss Me Kate

That reminds me....time to rearrange!

Love Netflix and my movie taste is diverse ranging from movies that I missed or passed on but still wanna see.....

Currently I have

"The Final Conflict" (aka OMEN III)
    "House of Saddam" (disc 1)
    "The Whitest Kids U Ever Know" (Season1, Disc 1)

On the Top of My Queue at the moment
    "Gran Torino"
    "Fanboys" (on long ass wait status)

btw, if ya wanna be my friend heres mines

http://www.netflix.com/BeMyFriend/PGO0XXqmDBhhIV61fk4g

Quote Originally Posted by zff View Post
    How many items are normally in your Netflix queue?

Right now mine has 52, but it's unusually high because I just queued all 4 seasons of Enterprise. Without those, it'd have about 30 items, and that's pretty normal for me. Of course, I'm always fussing with it -- adding stuff, removing stuff, reordering it, etc.

Those 52 items don't even include all the Saved DVDs I have at the bottom. There are 10 items there, but some of them are movies that haven't even come out in the theaters yet.
    Hey Zff, you're all over on forums huh lol

Actually, I have Blockbuster Online. I have the cheapest plan: $3.99, two per month, one at a time. I noticed the cheapest plan with Netflix is $4.99/mo.

Just curious, why everyone is signed up with Netflix? I guess that should be another thread, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharilyn View Post
    Just curious, why everyone is signed up with Netflix?
    Personally because I hate Blockbuster and refuse to give them my business. They've run all the better video stores in our area out of business and if you want to rent movies, you HAVE to go there. And they don't have any older movies, just the same recycled crap. Maybe not all of the stores are like this, but the ones by us are.

Also, I personally think Netflix has a better selection. And we found out about their service first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharilyn View Post
    Actually, I have Blockbuster Online. I have the cheapest plan: $3.99, two per month, one at a time. I noticed the cheapest plan with Netflix is $4.99/mo.

Just curious, why everyone is signed up with Netflix? I guess that should be another thread, tho.
    I'm signed up because I can have 3 out at a time for $18 a month. But - I can watch as many movies I want a month on this same plan. That means, if I want to watch a new movie every day, as long as I have no more than 3 at a time out, I can. Plus, I can watch many more online for free.

and that's why I've been a Netflix customer since they started.

I've tried both. Netflix has a much broader range of movie and video selections (and they are available,) and Netflix is always proactive when it comes to dealing with customer service and providing new services. It seems Blockbuster is always running to catch up with what customers want, and try to replace availability with lower prices. I was with Netflix for several years, tried Blockbuster, took a break while relocating and now back to my queue! (They saved it, too!)

Just returned Moloka'i: The Father Damien Story. We learned much from that film; very interesting and sweet story. Now I understand the pending sainthood.

Next five (well, I messed around with the queue last time I listed it here

Night at the Museum
    The Librarian: Quest for the Spear
    The Freedom Writers
    Pirates Who Don't Do Anything
    Akeela and the Bee

Quote Originally Posted by cyleet99 View Post
    Just returned Moloka'i: The Father Damien Story. We learned much from that film; very interesting and sweet story. Now I understand the pending sainthood.
    Oooh, I'm gonna have to get that one. I've always been interested in Moloka'i. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by tptpgogogo View Post
    Hey Zff, you're all over on forums huh lol
    You too!

Talking Re: Netflix: what's on your queue?

Quote Originally Posted by cyleet99 View Post
    I've tried both. Netflix has a much broader range of movie and video selections (and they are available,) and Netflix is always proactive when it comes to dealing with customer service and providing new services. It seems Blockbuster is always running to catch up with what customers want, and try to replace availability with lower prices. I was with Netflix for several years, tried Blockbuster, took a break while relocating and now back to my queue! (They saved it, too!)

Next five (well, I messed around with the queue last time I listed it here

Night at the Museum
    The Librarian: Quest for the Spear
    The Freedom Writers
    Pirates Who Don't Do Anything
    Akeela and the Bee
    Night at the Museum is a fun movie! I can't wait for the sequel to come to DVD. and yes, I've also found Netflix to have excellent customer service. Recently, I got a DVD that was damaged - got the new one before I even returned the bad one. I also like the fact that they have a local distribution center. I returned a movie today and by wednesday, I'll have the next one on my queue. and the next one in my queue is...............drum roll please:

Beverly Hills Chiuahua.

(no comments please - I like escapism in my movies )
    Last edited by anapuni808; June 15th, 2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: (had to go check my Netflix queue)

Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    Night at the Museum is a fun movie! I can't wait for the sequel to come to DVD. and yes, I've also found Netflix to have excellent customer service. Recently, I got a DVD that was damaged - got the new one before I even returned the bad one. I also like the fact that they have a local distribution center. I returned a movie today and by wednesday, I'll have the next one on my queue. and the next one in my queue is...............drum roll please:

Beverly Hills Chiuahua.

(no comments please - I like escapism in my movies )
    I'm going to comment anyway. Let me know how it is. One of my friends has a chiuahua and really wants to see it, but her husband will only watch it if he can find another adult to give it a positive review.

I forgot about their awesome customer service. And my husband was NUTS about Night at the Museum. He made me go see in it the theater three times. (He's just a big kid)

I’m a new member of Blockbuster Online. So far, I’m happy with their service. I get the next DVD within two days. And when I first started, I had a bunch of questions. I was surprised that they’d take only 5 to 10 minutes to send me an email response… even on Sunday at midnight. We’ll see… if I get heavy into movie watching, I might look at other plans and compare with Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by surlygirly View Post
    I'm going to comment anyway. Let me know how it is. One of my friends has a chiuahua and really wants to see it, but her husband will only watch it if he can find another adult to give it a positive review.
    I just watched the movie - it was really fun & cute! There was one bit that made me laugh out loud. Trying to figure out who was voicing which dog was also fun - I guessed most of them right. All in all, it was very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    I just watched the movie - it was really fun & cute! There was one bit that made me laugh out loud. Trying to figure out who was voicing which dog was also fun - I guessed most of them right. All in all, it was very enjoyable.
    Hmm. Thanks for the review. I'll let her know, and maybe sneak this one on to our queue, which is now loaded with Las Vegas, Season 3, Doogie Howser, Season 2, Burn Notice, Season 2, and Confessions of a Shopaholic.

I see what you mean about Netflix having a broad selection. I want to see 'Departures' (Okuribito), but Blockbuster Online doesn't have it... I see Netflix does. Oh well, anyway, $3.99 a month is all I can afford right now.

I just got notice that they mailed Wall-E to me

Next on my list:

Changeling
    Forgetting Sarah Marshall
    Children of Men
    Donnie Darko
    Dark City

There are a lot of Hitchcock movies I've never seen... I want to get around to those eventually. Oh, and I've got a bunch of David Lynch movies at the bottom of my queue.

ijust watched "God grew tired of us" via netflix.
    very good movie... thought provoking and inspiring.

check it out here:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0301555/
    the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

I just watched 'Coraline'

Next on my queue:
    Changeling
    Forgetting Sarah Marshall
    Ratatouille
    Children of Men
    Dark City

I keep changing it.

I just watched Planet Terror, and next is Spirited Away.

I'm sorry to say that I will be cancelling my membership after that. I've been having so much fun with this... I visit my queue every day, change things around, add and delete. It's only $3.99 a month for two DVDs, but it's an unnecessary expenditure. I've been looking at my expenses to see what I can cut out, and this was one of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast