Top 5 all-time worst TV shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 all-time worst TV shows

Bill O'Reilly's Factor viewers were asked to submit their selections for the worst TV shows ever. The top 5 were:

5) Cop Rock
    4) The Gong Show
    3) Friends
    2) The Jerry Springer Show

and the all time worst ever?

1) My Mother The Car

Compare this with TV Guide's top 5 list made back in 2002:

5) Hogan's Heroes
    4) The Brady Bunch Hour
    3) XFL football
    2) My Mother The Car
    1) The Jerry Springer Show

My personal pick for #1? Jerry Springer.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Re: Top 5 all-time worst TV shows

Those shows on their lists have some guilty pleasure ones. Some of those shows are of they are so bad that they are good types. The worse tv shows to me are the sitcoms or variety shows that are not funny. Full House or similiar scenario sitcoms with its type of material weren't funny. Rosie O'Donnell variety show wasn't funny because I'm not a fan of her. Reality shows doesn't count because they are purposely bad that it's funny sometimes. You can laugh at it.

Comment

I couldn't watch Fear Factor when the contestants had to eat gross things to induce vomiting.

Comment

I don't know if I can list 5 shows that I watched that I hate. One for sure is Earth: Final Conflict which is a pretty bad science fiction show that started pretty well in the early half of it's first season. After that it went downhill in the remaining 4 and half years of it's run. It got so bad that even fan web sites decided not to follow the series after it's 2nd year or 3rd year.

The other bad TV show is Your Big Break. The premise of this game show is that people would try to imitate known singers. The turn off of this series is that ultimate prize people were shooting for was a recording contract, at least that's what it was done the first two years of the show, the newer season(s) actually had original performances by the people. However this show was scheduled before Earth: Final Conflict on Sunday nights so that's how I ended up watching (or letting it be background noise) this series.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          I couldn't watch Fear Factor when the contestants had to eat gross things to induce vomiting.
          Ya know, I just don't get this type of TV. I don't get people who will put themselves thru this and on camera no less! I don't get people who will watch this. Ridiculous, imnsho!
          Originally posted by helen View Post
          [...]The other bad TV show is Your Big Break. The premise of this game show is that people would try to imitate known singers. [...]
          Hawaii entertainer and Little Richard/Sammy Davis Jr. imitator, Garry Moore, participated in this show and made the top 10 finalists. Oh wait...he appeared on the show "The Next Best Thing" which I don't think went beyond one season! These shows tend to blend into each other for me! Love Garry, tho'. He's a wonderful entertainer.

Comment

I hated Lost In Space because the basic idea was pretty interesting but the scripts were, what is that Hawaiian word, oh yes, kukae. Green Acres was lame, Petticoat Junction even worse, NBC ran a real dog called Ivan The Terrible for a few weeks, I sat in on a taping of the Hee Haw pilot on a studio tour and thought it so bad I booed whenever the applause sign came on. Canned laughter + bad jokes were the hallmark of horrible TV.

Comment

Working...
            X