Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Off-label uses of products

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

Default Re: off-label uses of products

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    Craig...that's still using a food product as food. Now...if your friend used the spaghetti sauce as rubbing compound applied with maxi-pads...then you have a true off-label use!
    I was thinking the opposite but then seeing tomato sauce on maxi-pads didn't sit too well for me.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    Good one, SG. I, too, use Sharpies for double-duty and have about 10 colors on hand to touch-up a scratch on a table or laminate surface, an accidental bleach spot on clothing, to change small areas of silver or brass on light fixtures to black. Endless uses, really, but I can't imagine using one around my eyes. Yikes!
    my mother in-law's gentleman friend used a black magic marker (i'm pretty sure it was a sharpie) on his mustache for my wedding cause he wanted to cover the grays... His elevator doesn't exactly go to the top floor. It looked blue...
    -kp!

Quote Originally Posted by Kungpao View Post
    my mother in-law's gentleman friend used a black magic marker (i'm pretty sure it was a sharpie) on his mustache for my wedding cause he wanted to cover the grays... His elevator doesn't exactly go to the top floor. It looked blue...
    Too funny! Maybe he was just color blind!

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

Quote Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
    those of you who are frustrated by oily skin might like this tip for using milk of magnesia.
    this tip totally works! my skin is only half as oily at midday as it would normally be if i use a cotton ball to swab a light layer of MoM on my face post-moisturizer and pre-primer. i've been using MoM every day over the last two weeks, so i know it's not a fluke. i haven't had to whip out the blotter paper or powder anywhere near as much as i'd expect, especially given how humid it's been lately. i wish i knew about this off-label use sooner bcs i've spent gads of money on various low- and high-end oil control products. it hasn't caused any breakouts, either. i'm pretty close to convincing eric to use it daily too, since the MoM, properly applied, is totally invisible.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123