Off-label uses of products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: off-label uses of products

ooh! just remembered that cheap hair conditioner works really well as a shaving cream substitute.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Ok, cyn, now you're forcing me to admit that I use shampoo, not only for it's main purpose, but also as a body wash and shave cream! It works just fine! The only exception is face soap. I love Cetaphil (liquid) and won't give it up. See what small space living does?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Ok, cyn, now you're forcing me to admit that I use shampoo, not only for it's main purpose, but also as a body wash and shave cream! It works just fine! The only exception is face soap. I love Cetaphil (liquid) and won't give it up. See what small space living does?
        oh, then let me direct you to beautybrains.com, where they've had conversations about the cross-use of such products. i'd give you the exact links but i'm off to meet a friend.

enjoy a quiet evening without any more heartburn-inducing posts from me!
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
          oh, then let me direct you to beautybrains.com, where they've had conversations about the cross-use of such products. i'd give you the exact links but i'm off to meet a friend.
          I'll check it out. Thx.
          enjoy a quiet evening without any more heartburn-inducing posts from me!
          Hmmm...that implies I allow your posts to negatively impact me. They don't. What makes you think they do?

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
            oh, then let me direct you to beautybrains.com, where they've had conversations about the cross-use of such products[...]
            For those of you interested in checking this web site, it's www.thebeautybrains.com
            Cool! This site approves of the shampoo cross use. Someone even mentioned she uses shampoo in place of laundry detergent! I'm gonna give that some serious thought once my 90 oz. jug of Dawn is pau!

Comment

...and for more on this subject...
              http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/2009-06-09/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                ...and for more on this subject...
                http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/2009-06-09/index.html
                So *that's* why my hair is falling out and my teeth have soap scum!

Comment

Thanks, cyn. I appreciate your help. A google search turned up that number belongs to Headliners Mobile Service (Tom). Nice guy but he doesn't work on my make of car so he gave me a referral. I will now fasten my seat belt and call the referral!
                  I called the referral and received a very reasonable quote. Yay! Now, to stay on topic, I wonder what I can use the old, torn out headliner for?!

Comment

I called the referral and received a very reasonable quote. Yay! Now, to stay on topic, I wonder what I can use the old, torn out headliner for?!

ugh, while i have some fanciful suggestions, none are practical or appealing.

more off-label use hints: vaseline for non-skin care needs, like lubing mechanical parts. and a teaspoon of vinegar in shampoo to act as a clarifier and help in removing product build up. also, nail polish to remove permanent pen marks on hard surfaces (as long as they're not painted or varnished--test in an unnoticeable area first!). freshly cooked rice as an on-the-spot substitute to use on paper when your bottle of elmer's glue has hardened.

Comment

This post from Amati reminded me of a product with a strange off lable use.

Massengill's Douche

Use the floral scented chemically stuff (not the 'natural' vinegar type) for killing the smell of cat pee and for de-skunking dogs.

Comment

Powdered douche made into a paste with some hot water (think of mixing Coleman's hot mustard) is excellent for closing up deep cuts and wounds on dogs and cats.
                        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                          Powdered douche made into a paste with some hot water (think of mixing Coleman's hot mustard) is excellent for closing up deep cuts and wounds on dogs and cats.
                          I've heard that as well, though trichotine douche powder has become very hard to find, apparently - they have stopped manufacturing it.

Comment

The AFK adds "Sweet 'n' Low" to hair-coloring dye, claiming that it decreases scalp irritation.

Comment

I'm reading Marie Osmond's latest memoir and in it she mentions several times that when she's in a rush, she uses a black sharpie pen in lieu of eyeliner and mascara and to highlight the mole on her face. Not that I'm recommending that anyone try that. I don't get how using a sharpie is all that much faster than using eyeliner and mascara.

Comment

And speaking of Sharpies, I use a brown one to touch up scuffs on my brown shoes....and a black one for black shoes. Way easier than shoe polish.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
                                X