Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Default Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Recent street talk sez Restaurant Row's $1 theaters are so infested with bed bugs that the mgt. may simply decide to close rather than deal with alternatives. The problem is said to mostly be brought into the cheap movie house by the clients at the nearby State sponsored Next Step shelter for the homeless where bed bug infestation has been quietly pandemic for years.

Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Someone needs a refresher on the meaning of pandemic.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Default Well, isn't that special?!

I dbl. checked before I posted and felt pandemic fit the discription best, but thank you any ol' way.

Quote Originally Posted by scrivener View Post
    Someone needs a refresher on the meaning of pandemic.
    Perhaps rampant was the term. Definition 2b.

Ever since I noticed the homeless/vagrant patrons, I've taken old towels and used them to cover my seat at RR9. It would be a shame if the theater had to close because of the bed bugs that are being brought in.

Maybe it needs to become a $3 cinema. That would keep out more of the bed bug/lice-ridden bums while keeping it affordable for most people.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Unfortunately, it just takes a few carriers to start the nasty ball a-rollin/keep the joint contaminated, and certainly more than a few of them can still afford the higher rate.
    The theater mgt. will just have to take strident measures to rid the place of the vermin if they want to stay in biz once the word get's out...

I guess "have a good movie night, don't let the bedbugs bite" isn't a real good saying.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Default No, but...

...Sam Raimi might have a new story line

Wink Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    ...Restaurant Row's $1 theaters are so infested with bed bugs that the mgt. may simply decide to close rather than deal with alternatives...
    Ewww! Gross!!!
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

From "Toothpaste For Dinner"

Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

methinks me smells alarmist predjudice against the horrid bane that is the homeless. next step is a great program geared toward helping homeless families. i'm disgusted at this, yet another, campaign to undermine it.

take the time to look next step up before you join in on spreadong rumors to make its beneficiaries into scuzzy boogeymen.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Default Wrong, but for another 10 cents you can try again!

It was a group of homeless, some that are from Next Step, that was discussing it with me.

Next time aim a little to the high right side.

Unhappy Don't let the Bugbeds bite!

My son who has been doing Camp Erdman every summer has decided to abstain this year because of the bedbug rumor circulating there.

Indeed, every late summer (after camp) we would come down with a bedbug infestation (in his room), and need to take drastic action.

They do die, fumigation works, but you have to get the hatching cycle right.

Fumigate, wait for eggs to hatch, fumigate again before they breed and lay more eggs.

Worked for us. BTW: They are NASTY buggahs!
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Menehune Man View Post
    Ewww! Gross!!!

Exactly!!! I had to Google them (the bugs), so I'd know what they looked like. Yikes! Now I can't stop itching! Too bad I'm not at home, and able to wash my hair. At least I have a home to go to. And a bathroom.

With all else these folks have to deal with in their lives, being bitten while you are trying to get a few hours of sleep in safety is horrible thought. I am so lucky, and should think about that when I start complaining about my life.

It sucks about your $1 theatres getting closed down, though. My neighborhood's $1 cinema was closed a few years ago, and nobody else wants to reopen. Tough times everywhere.

...still scratching....

snowbird, aka sometimes the spoiled princess and the pea.

Default Re: Wrong, but for another 10 cents you can try again!

It was a group of homeless, some that are from Next Step, that was discussing it with me.

Next time aim a little to the high right side.
    the sudden revelation that it was several next step folks WHO (not "that") told you this makes no diff. the post as you wrote it was clearly meant to incite an "ewwwww" reaction, with the next step folk being the cause of the ick factor. you're hardly in a position of high ground.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Seen A couple of movies here at RR9.......
    But my highlight memory there was when I went to see AIR FORCE ONE and there was this guy in front of us laughing his okole off. Ummmmmmmm I thought this Harrison Ford movie where he plays President is NOT A COMEDY.
    Then I noticed he's chugging down a large vodka like bottle. Could it be water or could it be what I think it is? So I quietly slithered out and notified the theater workers outside. They quickly came in and asked to speak to the guy in front of us outside. All I could here was YELLING outside and then he came back in to gather his belongings and ahhhhhhhh........SILENCE.....

Has the theater improved on the lighting for ea. auditorium? I remember it was frickin dark and only lighted here and there. I always got there early b4 a movie started. If so maybe thats why the place declined big time.

Default Wrong again!

Quote Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
    the post as you wrote it was clearly meant to incite an "ewwwww" reaction, with the next step folk being the cause of the ick factor.
    You're mistaking a warning, and a subject that won't be heard on the news, with a dreamt up vendetta against Next Step or it's clients that you wish to pin on me. It won't stick.

Default Re: Wrong again!

You're mistaking a warning, and a subject that won't be heard on the news, with a dreamt up vendetta against Next Step or it's clients that you wish to pin on me. It won't stick.
    says the guy who deliberately chose the word "pandemic" to describe the alleged problem and who did not reveal his supposed source until he was pushed.

in my hood, people who relay so-called "warnings" the way you do are called "gossips."
    Last edited by cynsaligia; June 7th, 2009 at 10:17 PM.

Bedbugs, Incorporated (a Massachusetts Corporation), has announced the closing of the Restaurant Row Theaters due to "Inadequate Participation by Qualified Persons."

In a legal brief later released by Smith, Jones, Lee, Wong and Wright (attys. at law), it was disclosed that supplies of uncontaminated liquid food supplies had been unable to keep pace with increasing demand in recent years.

The managing corporation of the theatres, who prefers that their Transylvania roots be unexposed, expects to open a new complex in Kahala when theatre sites become available.

In the meantime, screened blood donations will be accepted at:

Site hidden to prevent abuse by pre-adult lifeforms:
    Come ON now! Do you think we blood suckers would give our secret hideout away? Dumb Mammals!
    ~ ~

Perhaps it is time for this thread to be locked. I don't think anyone here has the evidence to verify or debunk these bedbug rumors. In the absence of any solid and reliable information, it's hard to see how the discussion can be elevated above the innunendo and name calling that this thread has degenerated into.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Thread?
    Good night, sleep tight. Don't let the bedbugs bite.

Perhaps it is wise for us to leave this thread open:

1. To help us express our anxieties regarding pest infestations in public places,

2. To give us a baseline where we can come to seek new information,

3. To act as a motivation for those of us who can to seek current and accurate information to keep us informed. - We need to confirm or quell this rumor! Running away is the COWARD'S approach! It solves NOTHING, leaves people in the dark, and potentially exposes them to INFECTION!!!!

Seek the Truth! (Or suffer from ignorance!)
    Last edited by Kaonohi; June 8th, 2009 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Stray ions
    ~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
    says the guy who deliberately chose the word "pandemic" to describe the alleged problem and who did not reveal his supposed source until he was pushed. in my hood, people who relay so-called "warnings" the way you do are called "gossips."
    You're still missing the mark, give up already.
    I stated it was 'street talk' at the start, and gossip is about matters of no importance. Will you go to these theaters now that you know the creepy crawlies can be on your skin and not just on the screen?
    I would imagine there is also a risk of contamination of serious diseases from blood suckers roaming from bod to bod. Even if not, it's disgusting, and I was glad to learn of it and know to stay away even tho I've never been.
    Sounds like you have stock in Consolidated...

Angry Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

hey, if your later-revealed benificent intent had any tinge of veracity, ron, i would not have protested, and you wouldn't feel a need to defend yourself (albeit poorly. come on--interest in consolidated? that's the best you can do?).

it amused me initially to see you squirm. but as expected, you tend toward the banal or absurd when you assert yourself.

I think I can do a little better, but this thread isn't about you/me and I'm trying not to incite a reaction from the lock police as FM was hoping for, but you seem insistant on throwing misguided fits about nothing instead of maintaining a focus on the subject matter.
    And stop using words I have to look up!

You're still missing the mark, give up already.
    I stated it was 'street talk' at the start, and gossip is about matters of no importance. Will you go to these theaters now that you know the creepy crawlies can be on your skin and not just on the screen?
    I would imagine there is also a risk of contamination of serious diseases from blood suckers roaming from bod to bod. Even if not, it's disgusting, and I was glad to learn of it and know to stay away even tho I've never been.
    Sounds like you have stock in Consolidated...
    RR9 is not a Consolidated theater. It is operated by Hollywood Theaters (formerly Wallace Cinemas).

Question Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

A little research can be a dangerous thing.

This interesting online review mentions bedbugs and Restaurant Row
    However, it is NOT RR9, NOT in Hawai`i, and not in a theatre.

It makes one wonder....
    ~ ~

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast