Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Recent street talk sez Restaurant Row's $1 theaters are so infested with bed bugs that the mgt. may simply decide to close rather than deal with alternatives. The problem is said to mostly be brought into the cheap movie house by the clients at the nearby State sponsored Next Step shelter for the homeless where bed bug infestation has been quietly pandemic for years.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Someone needs a refresher on the meaning of pandemic.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Well, isn't that special?!

I dbl. checked before I posted and felt pandemic fit the discription best, but thank you any ol' way.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        Someone needs a refresher on the meaning of pandemic.
        Perhaps rampant was the term. Definition 2b.

Ever since I noticed the homeless/vagrant patrons, I've taken old towels and used them to cover my seat at RR9. It would be a shame if the theater had to close because of the bed bugs that are being brought in.

Maybe it needs to become a $3 cinema. That would keep out more of the bed bug/lice-ridden bums while keeping it affordable for most people.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Unfortunately, it just takes a few carriers to start the nasty ball a-rollin/keep the joint contaminated, and certainly more than a few of them can still afford the higher rate.
          The theater mgt. will just have to take strident measures to rid the place of the vermin if they want to stay in biz once the word get's out...

Comment

I guess "have a good movie night, don't let the bedbugs bite" isn't a real good saying.
            flickr

An email from God:
            To: People of Earth
            Date: 9/04/2007
            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
            God

Comment

No, but...

...Sam Raimi might have a new story line

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                ...Restaurant Row's $1 theaters are so infested with bed bugs that the mgt. may simply decide to close rather than deal with alternatives...
                Ewww! Gross!!!
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

From "Toothpaste For Dinner"

Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

methinks me smells alarmist predjudice against the horrid bane that is the homeless. next step is a great program geared toward helping homeless families. i'm disgusted at this, yet another, campaign to undermine it.

take the time to look next step up before you join in on spreadong rumors to make its beneficiaries into scuzzy boogeymen.
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Wrong, but for another 10 cents you can try again!

It was a group of homeless, some that are from Next Step, that was discussing it with me.

Next time aim a little to the high right side.

Comment

Don't let the Bugbeds bite!

My son who has been doing Camp Erdman every summer has decided to abstain this year because of the bedbug rumor circulating there.

Indeed, every late summer (after camp) we would come down with a bedbug infestation (in his room), and need to take drastic action.

They do die, fumigation works, but you have to get the hatching cycle right.

Fumigate, wait for eggs to hatch, fumigate again before they breed and lay more eggs.

Worked for us. BTW: They are NASTY buggahs!
                        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                        ~ ~
                        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                          Ewww! Gross!!!

Exactly!!! I had to Google them (the bugs), so I'd know what they looked like. Yikes! Now I can't stop itching! Too bad I'm not at home, and able to wash my hair. At least I have a home to go to. And a bathroom.

With all else these folks have to deal with in their lives, being bitten while you are trying to get a few hours of sleep in safety is horrible thought. I am so lucky, and should think about that when I start complaining about my life.

It sucks about your $1 theatres getting closed down, though. My neighborhood's $1 cinema was closed a few years ago, and nobody else wants to reopen. Tough times everywhere.

...still scratching....

snowbird, aka sometimes the spoiled princess and the pea.

Comment

Re: Wrong, but for another 10 cents you can try again!

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                            It was a group of homeless, some that are from Next Step, that was discussing it with me.

Next time aim a little to the high right side.
                            the sudden revelation that it was several next step folks WHO (not "that") told you this makes no diff. the post as you wrote it was clearly meant to incite an "ewwwww" reaction, with the next step folk being the cause of the ick factor. you're hardly in a position of high ground.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Seen A couple of movies here at RR9.......
                              But my highlight memory there was when I went to see AIR FORCE ONE and there was this guy in front of us laughing his okole off. Ummmmmmmm I thought this Harrison Ford movie where he plays President is NOT A COMEDY.
                              Then I noticed he's chugging down a large vodka like bottle. Could it be water or could it be what I think it is? So I quietly slithered out and notified the theater workers outside. They quickly came in and asked to speak to the guy in front of us outside. All I could here was YELLING outside and then he came back in to gather his belongings and ahhhhhhhh........SILENCE.....

Has the theater improved on the lighting for ea. auditorium? I remember it was frickin dark and only lighted here and there. I always got there early b4 a movie started. If so maybe thats why the place declined big time.

Comment

Working...
                              X