Royal Pains on USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Pains on USA

I just saw the pilot; it looks like it'll be a great show.

They show the promos on USA after every commercial break, so the supersaturation almost convinced me not to see it.

Re: Royal Pains on USA

I have it set to record on DVR, so we'll see. Since all our other shows are on hiatus for the summer, hopefully it'll be a decent one.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Re: Royal Pains on USA Network

This past weekend, I was able to catch one of the rebroadcasts of the pilot episode. And I'm glad I did!

"Royal Pains" was smart, funny, quirky... and set in the all-summer party atmosphere of the Hamptons.

Interesting that the show is described as both "medical drama" and "comedy-drama" (also known these days as "dramedy"). Whatever the classification, Royal Pains looks like an oasis in the wasteland that usually is summer TV programming.

I'm looking forward to the remaining 11 episodes!
      To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Royal Pains - Pilot Summaries

Thought that a couple of show synopses might be helpful. These are based on the pilot episode.

Not to belabor the obvious, but: Warning -- synopses may contain spoilers!

From aceshowbiz.com:
        USA Network is proud to introduce the Hamptons' newest doctor-on-demand, Hank Lawson (Mark Feuerstein). After Hank, a young doctor on the fast track to success, falls from grace when he is blamed for the death of a hospital trustee, he inadvertently stumbles into the world of private medical service for the elite denizens of the Hamptons.

With the encouragement of his younger brother Evan (Paulo Costanzo) and an ambitious young woman who volunteers to be his physician assistant, Hank reluctantly agrees to be a "Concierge Doctor" for the summer. But will he be able to treat his high-flying clients while still managing to keep his own feet on the ground? Co-starring Reshma Shetty and Jill Flint with Christine Ebersole and Campbell Scott.
        http://www.aceshowbiz.com/tv/royal_pains/summary.html

From AOL Television:
        Dr. Hank Lawson's fast track to success is derailed when he is blamed for the death of a hospital trustee. Blacklisted from the medical community, his life changes one weekend in the Hamptons, where at a party he helps a guest in need of medical attention. And so begins, with the encouragement of his younger brother Evan, Hank's entrance into the world of private medical service. But being the on-call doctor for the Hamptons' rich, famous and infamous isn't exactly the professional life Hank envisioned.
        http://television.aol.com/show/royal.../10502502/cast

Comment

^ ^ ^
          Just found out that the second spoiler above won't display, because there can only be one spoiler per post.
          So if anyone's interested, I'm reposting the second pilot synopsis in this post.

From AOL Television:

Dr. Hank Lawson's fast track to success is derailed when he is blamed for the death of a hospital trustee. Blacklisted from the medical community, his life changes one weekend in the Hamptons, where at a party he helps a guest in need of medical attention. And so begins, with the encouragement of his younger brother Evan, Hank's entrance into the world of private medical service. But being the on-call doctor for the Hamptons' rich, famous and infamous isn't exactly the professional life Hank envisioned.

Royal Pains / Thursday night @ 10:00 p.m. (Hawaii time)
          USA Network (Time Warner Oceanic Cable channels 29 or 555)

The pilot will air one more time this Thursday, June 11th, at 2:30 p.m.
          New episode #2 airs at 10:00 p.m.

Comment

LOVED IT!!! At first, I thought..... oh no... medical... Hamptons.... yucky.... But then, as boredom set in, flipping thru reruns, I decided to DVR it.... and was very surprsied at the acting, writing, and all else. It made me look forward to the next episode.

Musubi, is this merely a summer replacement show? I hope not. USA gets my vote for the most quirky (but, fun!) shows on cable/satellite. I wish that The Unusuals had been on USA; they might have had a fighting chance <tears>.

Comment

Working...
            X