Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cell phone use while driving - BANNED in Honolulu!

Default Re: Cell phone use while driving - BANNED in Honolulu!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    But if he/she gets into some kind of accident or seems to be driving in an unusual/unsafe manner and the police officer suspects that a driver was pre-occupied by a call, all it takes is an inquiry to the cell phone company and,.... ta-dah! The exact date, time, and appx. location of a call can be provided. And that, GG, provides the evidence that is needed to prove that a driver's phone was being used at the time of the incident.
    Unless there was a passenger. Then it can be claimed that the passenger was using the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    But nothing! The errors of other motorists involved in that terrible accident does nothing to excuse the actions of the distracted driver who triggered the whole thing in the first place.
    Except it was the errors of the bus drivers - drivers we normally hold at a higher standard, who made it deadly. All I'm saying is the facts don't live up the headline. If accidents due to texting were that common, I'm sure they could have found another better poster child. I'm just saying.

BTW, the link to the video is broken. I wanted to take another look at that to see how many people the second collision killed. Generally, smashing into a stationary car puts the driver of the moving car "at fault".
    Last edited by GeckoGeek; February 10th, 2012 at 10:08 PM.

Default Re: Cell phone use while driving - BANNED in Honolulu!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123