KNAN 106.7 is now on the air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KNAN 106.7 is now on the air

KNAN 106.7 just signed on with a classic rock format. Will it be a permanent format? If so, it will give KPOI 105.9 some competition.

Re: KNAN 106.7 is now on the air

I gave it a good, long listen last night and had it on in the car this morning. So far, so good. Some unexpected, long-unheard stuff like the Buggles, A-Ha, and "One Tin Soldier," plus the expected pop hits from Billy Joel and Fleetwood Mac and lesser hits by Blondie and other 80s bands. Oh, and the 2006 Rod Stewart cover of CCR's "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?" which I thought was cool. Not the cover, but the fact that the station is playing some recent recordings by classic rock artists.

I'm on board for now.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

So that's why 106.9 isn't as clear as it used to be for my iPhone's FM transmitter. What's all this about the decline of traditional radio? Sure seems like there are still fewer and fewer clear spots on the dial!

Comment

I listened to KNAN very briefly in my car on my commute to work. I left the radio dial tuned to 106.7 but when I drove home late this afternoon, there was no signal. Haven't tested it since.

Erika Engle briefly covered KNAN in her Buzz column (scroll down) a few days ago. The station is just testing and as of last week had no studio location.

On the FM transmitter I use with my iPod, I can get a good signal at 88.7 FM.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Yes, it went down between 4 and 5 today; I had it on in my car as I was headed home, and as of 9:00 this evening still wasn't back up. Maybe that was just a test run.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by IBadget View Post
            KNAN 106.7 just signed on with a classic rock format. Will it be a permanent format? If so, it will give KPOI 105.9 some competition.
            Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            Some unexpected, long-unheard stuff like the Buggles, A-Ha, and "One Tin Soldier," plus the expected pop hits from Billy Joel and Fleetwood Mac and lesser hits by Blondie and other 80s bands.
            What we don't need is mere competiton for a loser station like KPOI and the contiuance of classic rock, as in the same tired old fut stuff we've been subjected to for decades instead of some good rock and roll.
            What we need is programming the digs into the other great songs on those same few LPs that were indeed worthy, not the shlock just because they somehow became hits, and more mining of the tons of true classics that were hardly and often never heard even in the day. Permanent or not, it won't get a listen from me. I doubt there was anything played on local radio from the 80s that was above rubbish unless it was one of the rare King Biscuit Flower Hour type live shows.

Put up a real R&R station and there will be no competition until the megas try to match it, which they never could any way.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I agree with some of your ideas about rock stations. In fact, I wrote about them seven (!) years ago at HawaiiStories.com. My feelings are mostly the same now.
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
              X