Honolulu Broadway Babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honolulu Broadway Babies

DH and I went to see this show last night. Unfortunately, we had to leave at intermission due to child care considerations, but we saw enough to know we will DEFINITELY be going again next year. The music was beautiful, the dancing fun, the costumes were lovely, and the cast was great.

You can tell this production has a lot of heart and soul poured into it; DH and I have experience in working in theater casts of 10-50 or so (church productions, some community theater in years past), and this cast of over 100 did a great job.

We did have one glitch. The tickets we bought over the phone with the credit card were not to be found at the call desk or in the office, but the staff was very kind and we obtained better seats at a discounted price.

Thanks to Kristian Lei, 2Couture and the sponsors for a great show. See ya next year!

Re: Honolulu Broadway Babies

I took my own Broadway Babies along on Friday night and while I enjoyed the show - I was disappointed that Anita Hall did not perform that night (the only night she was absent!) While the other ladies that sang her songs did well, I just know I missed out big time not seeing Anita belt out those numbers.

Kristian Lei was awesome and the dancing of the couple who came from the mainland (Christina and Brian Caplan) was AMAZING!

The highlight for me was Pamela Young as Miss Hannigan from Annie - LOL! The lowlight was too much Mamma Mia! I'm Mamma Mia'd out already!
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Working...
    X