• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss California Carrie Prejean gets the pink slip

And no it was NOT her remarks that was said on the pagent

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...e122319D00.DTL

Re: Miss California Carrie Prejean gets the pink slip

She probably got a gig with Fox News lined up already.

Comment

Clearly, Donald Trump bent over backwards to be fair to Carrie Prejean, but refusing to appear at nearly 30 events on behalf of Miss California USA should justify the termination of her contract. An agreement is something that you honor (or should).

Tami Farrell
      is way hotter than Carrie, anyway.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post

Tami Farrell
        is way hotter than Carrie, anyway.
        But Tami Farrell won't ever receive the same level of publicity and attention that has been lavished on Carrie Prejean. Controversy and scandal is not always a bad thing when it comes to pageant queens in this country. I mean, here we are talking about Prejean and the status of the Miss California title while no one is talking about the woman who won it all in Miss USA (Kristen Dalton of North Carolina).

Also, let's not forget that the most high profile Miss America winner of the last 25 years was one who was forced to give up her crown in another scandal. Her name?

Vanessa Williams.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          But Tami Farrell won't ever receive the same level of publicity and attention that has been lavished on Carrie Prejean.
          That’s an interesting theory, but at this point, pure unfounded speculation. If the past 24 hours are any indication, Farrell is on track to exceed that level of publicity and attention. Here she is on Larry King Live, the CBS Early Show and the NBC Today Show. And she still has an entire year to generate her own controversy. Moreover, Farrell really has nothing to prove. She’s already won a national pageant — Miss Teen USA — and has graciously been filling in for Prejean prior to the “switch in crowns.”

Controversy and scandal is not always a bad thing when it comes to pageant queens in this country.
          And it's not necessarily a good thing, either. Prejean will forever be branded a hypocrite for shunning gay marriage on the one hand, and posing for nude pictures and getting breast implants on the other. She’s made a mockery of the pageant and herself.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Vanessa Williams apparently apparently rose above the nudie pics w/ a successful music career (even did the theme song to Disney Pocahontas), did the broadway scene (Kiss of The Spiderwoman), did some movies (Eraser, Soul Food, etc) and currently a hit on my favorite ABC show. As for Ms. Prejean I wish the best for her future that awaits, just turned off by her snooty attitude. Did she focus to much on Prop 8 and neglected her duties or the gays were stalking her where ever she went?

Comment

It will be interesting to see if the radical christian fundamentalists assert that Prejean lost her title because of her stance on gay marriage. I wonder how they would square that with her cheesecake photos? I have nothing against her photos or her beliefs or her boobs. Whatever floats your boat. She just needs to decide where her priorities are. Ms Farrell handled herself much better in a very tough interview. Ms Farrell has been presented with a golden opportunity, let's see how she uses it.
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

That’s an interesting theory, but at this point, pure unfounded speculation. If the past 24 hours are any indication, Farrell is on track to exceed that level of publicity and attention.
                The media attention given to Prejean has been going on unabated ever since pagaent night (April 19), which was nearly two months ago. Tami Farrell made the news yesterday merely for receiving the Miss California crown. The newsworthiness surrounding that will wear out pretty quickly in this day and age of the 24 hour news cycle. IOW, I don't think Farrell will stay in the headlines for two months merely carrying out the duties and responsibilities that come with being Miss California.

Here she is on Larry King Live, the CBS Early Show and the NBC Today Show. And she still has an entire year to generate her own controversy. Moreover, Farrell really has nothing to prove. She’s already won a national pageant — Miss Teen USA — and has graciously been filling in for Prejean prior to the “switch in crowns.”
                And I repeat again: Where is the mention of the woman who actually WON the 2009 Miss USA title and representing this country in the upcoming Miss Universe pageant? Going on the logic that the pageant "winners" gets more media attention than the also-rans, Miss USA Kristen Dalton should have had more publicity than Prejean in the last 2 months. But it hasn't turned out that way. If the reigning Miss USA couldn't outshine Carrie Prejean in weeks following the pageant, what makes you think that the new Miss California (who did not even compete in the Miss USA pageant!) will cast a larger shadow than Prejean? Just because she attends all of the events/functions that are on her calendar? Just because she's able to provide more "politically correct" answers to anybody who asks for her opinions on gay marriage?

Time will tell, as you say. And I will eventually be proven right.

And it's not necessarily a good thing, either. Prejean will forever be branded a hypocrite for shunning gay marriage on the one hand, and posing for nude pictures and getting breast implants on the other.
                Let me make it clear here that I am not an opponent of gay marriage and that I do not share the same views that Carrie Prejean has on the topic.

If you want to say that Prejean blew it on the answer that she gave to judge Perez Hilton's question of "Do you think every state should follow suit? (i.e. Vermont legalizing same-sex marriage) Why or why not?" I would certainly offer no argument against that. But how does racy pictures of her and the fact that she has had breast enhancement make her personal view that marriage should be between a man and a woman "hypocritical?" That, I don't get at all.

What would make Prejean hypocritical would be, for example, participating in a same-sex marriage ceremony involving one of her relatives or friends. If that was true, then I would say she is hypocritical. I don't see how nude photos and breast augmentation makes her hypocritical with regards to her traditional marriage views. You're talkin' apples and oranges here.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

That’s an interesting theory, but at this point, pure unfounded speculation. If the past 24 hours are any indication, Farrell is on track to exceed that level of publicity and attention.
                  The media attention given to Prejean has been going on unabated ever since pagaent night (April 19), which was nearly two months ago. Tami Farrell made the news yesterday merely for receiving the Miss California crown. The newsworthiness surrounding that will wear out pretty quickly in this day and age of the 24 hour news cycle. IOW, I don't think Farrell will stay in the headlines for two months merely carrying out the duties and responsibilities that come with being Miss California.

And I repeat again: Where is the mention of the woman who actually WON the 2009 Miss USA title and representing this country in the upcoming Miss Universe pageant? Going on the logic that the pageant "winners" gets more media attention than the also-rans, Miss USA Kristen Dalton should have had more publicity than Prejean in the last 2 months. But it hasn't turned out that way. If the reigning Miss USA couldn't outshine Carrie Prejean in weeks following the pageant, what makes you think that the new Miss California (who did not even compete in the Miss USA pageant!) will cast a larger shadow than Prejean? Just because she attends all of the events/functions that are on her calendar? Just because she's able to provide more "politically correct" answers to anybody who asks for her opinions on gay marriage?

Time will tell, as you say. And I will eventually be proven right.
                  And what has time shown us? Thought I'd do a Google news check to find out.

I did a "news" check today for the past month. A search for Carrie Prejean generated 17 pages worth of articles.

Miss USA Kristen Dalton, who's search engines numbers was boosted with the Miss Universe pageant having just taken place, generated 14 pages.

And Miss California Tami Farrell? The one that Tunnl thought was on track to exceed all the publicity and attention that Carrie Prejean was getting? Farrell got a whooping TWO pages.

Not surprising to me, at all.

Comment

And Miss California Tami Farrell? The one that Tunnl thought was on track to exceed all the publicity and attention that Carrie Prejean was getting? Farrell got a whooping TWO pages.

Not surprising to me, at all.
                    In case you haven’t noticed throughout 1,856 posts here on HT, I un-apologetically tend to root for the underdog. The owner/admin of this site can attest to that fact (along with numerous others who know me personally). Incidentally, your post is premature. In a fact you conveniently chose to ignore, but I will repeat for your benefit, Tami’s reign is not over and she still has a significant amount of time to generate her own controversy.

That was one of my two main points (the other being Tami is hawter than Carrie), in case you are confused.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Incidentally, your post is premature. In a fact you conveniently chose to ignore, but I will repeat for your benefit, Tami’s reign is not over and she still has a significant amount of time to generate her own controversy.
                      You think Tami Farrell still has a "significant amount of time to generate her own controversy" before her reign as Miss California USA is over? I got news for you then. Tami Farrell's reign will be ending in a mere 3 months, Tunnl. That's right. The next Miss California is going to be crowned this November. How time flies....

So if you want to call my post "premature," then whatever. I'll simply remind you again on the eve of the next Miss California USA getting crowned about how many more news articles that Carrie Prejean has generated over that of her replacement.

Boy, are you a glutton for punishment.

Comment

That’s an interesting theory, but at this point, pure unfounded speculation. If the past 24 hours are any indication, Farrell is on track to exceed that level of publicity and attention. Here she is on Larry King Live, the CBS Early Show and the NBC Today Show. And she still has an entire year to generate her own controversy. Moreover, Farrell really has nothing to prove. She’s already won a national pageant — Miss Teen USA — and has graciously been filling in for Prejean prior to the “switch in crowns.”

And it's not necessarily a good thing, either. Prejean will forever be branded a hypocrite for shunning gay marriage on the one hand, and posing for nude pictures and getting breast implants on the other. She’s made a mockery of the pageant and herself.
                        Shunning gay marriage is hypocritical? Nude pictures? I never saw her naughty bits or fur coat. And now your knocking every gal with implants, as if they weren't a standard at beauty pageants or swimsuit babes.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R0a9xq6uek

Did she walkoff during the interview?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R0a9xq6uek

Did she walkoff during the interview?
                            not quite. but she certainly balked at answering a viewer's question.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

It's not everyday Larry King gets kicked in the nutz by a beautiful woman. I would've loved to see it happen to Dan Rather and Katy Couric.

Comment

Working...
                              X