Internet Explorer V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer V8

So is anyone using Internet Explorer Version 8 yet? I loaded 2 of home PC's with it. So far the only problem I have is trying to modify a wiki from a web site at work which they recommend not to go Internet Explorer V8 yet.

Re: Internet Explorer V8

Most often than the previous versions, I get a "Program Stopped Working" dialog box when I try try to close or exit the browser.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I haven’t used IE in years. From what Random is saying, it’s sounds like I’m not missing much.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

I've had it for a few days now. Haven't had any problems except with my computer itself (it's a piece of s**t) that have nothing to do with Microsoft products - was having the problems before I downloaded IE8.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Found out that in Internet Explorer V8 (IE8) if you do a:

Tools --> Compatibility View

while viewing a website that is giving you problems, IE8 will revert to a viewing behavior to what I think would be IE7. In any event I just tired it on the work wiki that was giving me problems and the problem I had with IE8 is no longer there.

Comment

I tried IE8 on my computer running Vista. It totally wrecked the computer. Thus I ended up using the system restore function and going back to IE7.
            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
            The Kona Blog

Comment

I've always been a both IE user and Firefox browser kind of a guy and I downloaded IE8 and it was uninstalled 10 minutes later. I found it to be a lot slower than v7. Certain pages wouldn't load at all even with compatability set up.

<shrug>

Aloha.

Comment

IE is a terrible browser. v6, v7, v8

it's not a standard compliant browser. any web designer has to frustratingly code patches and hacks to get sites to look right in IE.

I don't understand why MS has to think it needs to build it's own rendering engine that's no where near standard compliant.

Anyway use FireFox, Safari, and Chrome.
                website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Firefox at home. IE at work (no choice). Did an automatic update to IE8 and also found that it was a bit slower than the previous version.

Comment

Working...
                  X