Thread: How's this for a sandwich that utilizes Spam

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How's this for a sandwich that utilizes Spam

Apparently a lot of people in Portland, Oregon love foot carts and lunch wagons, to the point where they're calling it "food cart culture". I was looking at an article somewhere, which lead me to another, which lead me to Food Carts Portland.

There's a cart called Brunch Box and they have something called an OMG! Burger, a/k/a The Redonkadonk:

I couldn't find a photo of it (which may or may not be fortunate), but if you want a "basic" version of this without the egg, ham, bacon, and Spam, here you go:

Forget your health, this is an instant heart attack party. I have not tried something like this yet, but if you're an avid walker or bike rider, you could burn this off in a few hours. Maybe.

Default Re: Add some mayo and...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    ...I'm in!
    There you go.

Portland is only about 4 hours away, so if I make it down there before the end of summer, I'll have to consider it.

Default Re: How's this for a sandwich that utilizes Spam

Found some photos of it:

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

what a coincidence. yesterday afternoon, eric and i were at the monster safeway complex on kapahulu avenue to watch the taping of the burgers on the edge burger genius contest. the taping was a food drive for the food bank plus they had a about fifteen MINIs on site since MINI of Hawaii was a sponsor and it was only a roll down the hill for us.

doris gilbert's "bento burger" incorporates spam:

Burger Name: Bento Burger
    Beef: Ground Chuck
    Cheese: Swiss
    Sauce: Teriyaki
    Toppings: Fried egg, spam, manoa lettuce

unfortunately, her burger, if i am not mistaken, was not one of the top four finalists. i wonder if being driven to the show site in a MINI cooper on tv was enough of a consolation prize. she had a pretty wide-grinned smile when she was in the car....
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Quote Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
    what a coincidence. yesterday afternoon, eric and i were at the monster safeway complex on kapahulu avenue to watch the taping of the burgers on the edge burger genius contest. the taping was a food drive for the food bank plus they had a about fifteen MINIs on site since MINI of Hawaii was a sponsor and it was only a roll down the hill for us.

doris gilbert's "bento burger" incorporates spam:

Burger Name: Bento Burger
    Beef: Ground Chuck
    Cheese: Swiss
    Sauce: Teriyaki
    Toppings: Fried egg, spam, manoa lettuce

unfortunately, her burger, if i am not mistaken, was not one of the top four finalists. i wonder if being driven to the show site in a MINI cooper on tv was enough of a consolation prize. she had a pretty wide-grinned smile when she was in the car....
    The teriyaki takes it over the top too. But yeah, a mini Cooper would be nice.

I've never heard of Burgers On The Edge before. I just placed a link to it in my food blog. Normally if I have to resort to a burger when I'm back home, it's:

W&M
    Tsukenjo
    maybe Zippy's

A burger made with wagyu beef sounds really good. Is it really good?
    Last edited by johmbolaya; June 15th, 2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: wanted to add some more things and make an inquiry