Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mormon salesmen

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Plus, the business name "Security One" was already registered in Hawaii and in business prior to the Utah based Security One. The home which I house sit has had a Security One sign in front of their home for the 15 years I've been working there.
    Indeed. I did a check of the state's DCCA website. The only person who is actively registered to carry out business using the name "Security One" is, as Ian pointed out in his blog, Mary Paulson.

http://hbe.ehawaii.gov/documents/sea...y=security+one

Art Hannemann, however, is registered to do business under the name of Pacific Potential LLC. Here is his bio on his company's website.

http://pacificpotential.com/pages/team.htm

The client list sure looks impressive, don't it? Marriott, Hyatt, TransAmerica, Kaiser Permanente, etc.

What doesn't look so impressive is the fact that on the DCCA's database, Pacific Potential is listed as a business that "is not in good standing" and has been "delinquent" in its annual filings for the last 3 years.

http://hbe.ehawaii.gov/documents/bus...54C5&view=info
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/12/us/12coldcalls.html

Read that....

then read this http://www.gospeloutreach.net/mormerr.html
      http://twitter.com/surfoahu

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
        It's possible that Mormons are more susceptible to what you're describing than people of other faiths, or no faith; but I wouldn't make any bets on it.
        I have heard that they can be a little too trusting of other members. It can make a con man's job that much easier. But I doubt if that trait is unique to their faith.

Comment

I have made a mistake and would like it correcting or scrubbing out. I confused Mormons with the bothersome Jehovahs witnesses who constantly call here.

Please Forgive ?

Comment

The place that I currently work at in Redwood City they run rumpant there because I always see them shopping. I also have seen them in San Carlos too also and in my neck of the woods too. A group of ppl that looks like they are lost float around like ghosts w/ bibles in tow.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
              I have made a mistake and would like it correcting or scrubbing out. I confused Mormons with the bothersome Jehovahs witnesses who constantly call here.

Please Forgive ?
              Yeah, I have a problem with Jehova Witnesses. Mormons are cool with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                Yeah, I have a problem with Jehova Witnesses. Mormons are cool with me.

Not fond of Jehovah's either....
                Quick way to ward them off?
                Show a beer can or alcoholic drink.
                See how quickly they zip right back the other direction.

Comment

One of the best ways to be successfully employed is to do something you know how to do well, and something you like. Mormon salesmen is a natural match.

I don't begrudge anyone their religious beliefs; they were either born that way or attracted into it by convincing people. I do resent them trying to shove it down my throat or tell me I'm wrong for believing/doing what I do.

You keep yours, I'll keep mine and we'll get along fine.

Funny, some of the folks that bug me the most are pretty mainline Christians, not some of the further out groups. The ones I'm talking about are those who bomb abortion clinics, shoot doctors and stand outside the State Capital in red shirts to prevent passage of equality legislation.

I've sat with Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, people from other religions and even atheists for hours; I'm interested what they believe and why. Most often I am amazed by their beliefs - as they are by mine (which they reject, of course).

I don't think there is any one 'right' religion, no - I know there is no one 'right' religion. Every belief system is flawed, even atheism, even mine. How can we be so arrogant to assume we know what is really going on in this vast and mysterious Universe of ours?

What there may be are some 'right' principles of life, and these are borne out by their results, not by their name. That which does right, is right. Those things which we do that benefit and advance us without creating undue harm would seem to be the best. Of course, there are differing opinions on what is 'best,' and even looking backwards it is hard to recognize many of our mistakes.

We are kindergartners. We are fleas on a ball of mud floating in space. But we think we are oh, so smart, and oh so great.

Obviously, I don't think so.
                  Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                  ~ ~
                  Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                  Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                  Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Ian Lind blogged an update on the door-to-door security system peddlers.

http://ilind.net/2009/07/06/mondayli...dogs/#comments

Buyer beware!
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                      Not fond of Jehovah's either....
                      Quick way to ward them off?
                      Show a beer can or alcoholic drink.
                      See how quickly they zip right back the other direction.
                      That wouldn't work with the JW's that come to my house. Nice guys, one's a contractor building homes. We end up talking about hardware for an hour when I have to remind him to start preaching once in a while. And yeah he's a beer drinker just like me. I'm a Protestant and we share scripture like we share fantasy football stats.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                        Google Kolob
                        I know this is off-topic, but....

I gotta see what my SIL says about Kolob; she holds many Mormon beliefs.

People's beliefs are interesting; their sharing of those beliefs even more so. As I get older the edges of my own belief system are getting blurry. The basics are still there, but a lot of the "attachments" are in question.

Comment

In a followup to his original note, Ian Lind points out that the Hawaii BBB has now issued a warning about these salesmen.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
                            In a followup to his original note, Ian Lind points out that the Hawaii BBB has now issued a warning about these salesmen.
                            That's why it's a good idea to pretend not to be home.

Comment

My experience over here on Kauai with these men has been bad. I was working outside when they approached on foot. I had my big dog (who has taken on security all on his own and takes it seriously) with me, as he was roaming about a bit but staying close by. When I told them to please stay off my property, and that my dog was out, they just kept coming closer. I was afraid he would attack because they would not back off.

They just kept saying they wanted to talk to me and I kept telling them to go. They wouldn't go, except when my dog came to my side. I was glad he is trained well and had a collar on I could grab otherwise they would have been lunch and I would have been in the slammer. Or served. Either way, no good.

They marked things down in a little book one was carrying after they left.

I had always had a "Big Love" perception of Mormons, cuddly and soft. No more. These guys were aggressive. Now I don't smile or anything at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanilla View Post
                                They marked things down in a little book one was carrying after they left.
                                wonder what they wrote?

Comment

Working...
                                X