District 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• District 9

Saw previews of a sci-fi movie called District 9. It is about extraterrestrials landing and then living on Earth, which doesn't sit well with the people on Earth. Opens August 14, 2009.

Re: District 9

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Saw previews of a sci-fi movie called District 9. It is about extraterrestrials landing and then living on Earth, which doesn't sit well with the people on Earth. Opens August 14, 2009.
    Sounds like it could be interesting. Also on the same link The Time Traveler's Wife is being made into a movie. Interesting. I read that over Christmas break. It was pretty good - more of a chick flick type of thing with a sci-fi twist.

Comment

Saw District 9 at the Ward Theater this afternoon. This is one movie you don't want to eat anything while watching it. I gotta say that this movie has a twist. Not only do you have the typical aliens eating the humans storyline, but you also have some humans eating the aliens.

Comment

I saw this movie on Friday. An excellent sci-fi movie, highly recommended; this is what a sci-fi movie should be like. I was also thinking: this is what Cloverfield should have been like. There was a lot of throwing up and such, but at least it was all on-screen ... and not among the audience.

Comment

Looks like I'll be doing a solo matinee at Mililani later this week.

Comment

pretty good flick; i'd write more but i have a craving for some prawns right now!
            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I'm so glad Hollywood theaters are in Hilo and I can see a movie for a buck. Case in point, District 9. Rated R for violence and swearing. Basically the violent part was guys getting their bodies blown away with microwave guns and one guy swearing f*ck after every other word.

The storyline is thin, the screenplay was written like a documentary and the lovestory was...was there one? Oh yeah the wife loved her husband and cried but the movie never expounded upon it.

Guns that work half the time, machines that could have been used wasn't. Oh and a love for canned cat food.

That said, this movie screamed, "Sequel" just to explain all the unanswered questions and statements made throughout the movie. "I'll be back in three years" said the alien leaving 2.8 million of his species back on Earth as his mothership leaves in an airborne parked position after more than 28-years of hovering.

Right. I'm sure the sequel will be better than this original since this movie sucked big time.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
              X