Korea may fire missile toward Hawai'i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korea may fire missile toward Hawai'i

Holy batguano, Batman! This is a provacative act.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Re: Korea may fire missle toward Hawai'i

??? If Korea fires anything at Hawai'i then the little hairs on the back of my neck will stand up. You have never experienced Lieutanant Commander Barry in a really bad mood but if I have to come out of retirement then they only have themselves to blame.

p.s. I am bringing my mates with me.

Comment

They fire at Hawaii, dat will be the last thing they do.

The missile they fire at us will be blown to bits in the air.

No worry Hawaii.

Auntie Lynn
      Last edited by 1stwahine; June 18, 2009, 07:15 AM.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        They fire at Hawaii, dat will be the last thing they do.

The missile they fire at us will be blown to bits in the air.

No worry Hawaii.

Auntie Lynn
        Especially since they decided to, you know, TELL everyone they're possibly going to do it. Great job there.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
          Especially since they decided to, you know, TELL everyone they're possibly going to do it. Great job there.
          Who's "they?" The North Koreans?

The AP article says the report that "North Korea may fire a long-range ballistic missile toward Hawaii in early July" comes from the Yomiuri Daily, a Japanese newspaper.

The same AP article goes on to say:

A spokesman for the Japanese Defense Ministry declined to comment on the report. South Korea's Defense Ministry and the National Intelligence Service — the country's main spy agency — said they could not confirm it.

Still, this isn't good news. And in particular, for the 2 American journalists (Laura Ling & Euna Lee) who were sentenced to 12 years of hard labor for illegally entering N. Korea. Negotiations to free them could become very difficult if they are used as pawns in nuclear talks between N. Korea and the US.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

dammit.

we're scheduled to fly into oahu late july.

did i get the insurance... ?

auntie lynn, if you still there we still on for lunch

joel

Comment

And the US makes the next move in this chess game.
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by JAvendan View Post
                auntie lynn, if you still there we still on for lunch
                Joel, I'll be here.

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                  Who's "they?" The North Koreans?

The AP article says the report that "North Korea may fire a long-range ballistic missile toward Hawaii in early July" comes from the Yomiuri Daily, a Japanese newspaper.
                  Wonder what's the source for the Japanese? At the end of the day, while allies, each country has their own agenda. So can't help but wonder if there is any spin on the Japanese's part to pull the US more into the issue since Japan has major issues with NK.

Whatever the case, I wonder how those anti-military people feel about the US military in Hawaii right about now? They are deploying anti-missile measures as a precaution. And I for one am thankful for that.

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,202469,00.html

Korea fired nuclear missiles that some believe to have been targeted towards Hawaii in 2006. We didn't shoot them down, they crashed on their own into the sea due to malfunctions.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                      http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,202469,00.html

Korea fired nuclear missiles that some believe to have been targeted towards Hawaii in 2006. We didn't shoot them down, they crashed on their own into the sea due to malfunctions.
                      That time. Sooner or later they will work out the bugs, just like every other country did that has a space or missle program.

Comment

The satellite defense system radar ship (the big white dome) was gone today. Oh, and I read there are some missile systems either on or headed for Kaua`i.

I remember watching the Patriot missile trucks around our camps in Saudi. It was reassuring, but I was glad they never had to fire.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
                          That time. Sooner or later they will work out the bugs, just like every other country did that has a space or missle program.
                          Meh. I not worried.

If we're blown off the face of the earth, then so be it.
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                            Wonder what's the source for the Japanese? At the end of the day, while allies, each country has their own agenda. So can't help but wonder if there is any spin on the Japanese's part to pull the US more into the issue since Japan has major issues with NK.

Whatever the case, I wonder how those anti-military people feel about the US military in Hawaii right about now? They are deploying anti-missile measures as a precaution. And I for one am thankful for that.
                            Ever stop to think about Pearl Harbor - were the Japanese attacking Hawaii or the US Military? Would No. Korea today being attacking Hawaii or attacking the US Military in Hawaii? Maybe if Hawaii were not so "militarized", we would not be a target.

and I agree with Random - if we get blown up, so be it. We don't really have much choice in the matter. US government has put a bullseye directly on Hawaii.
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Hawaii used to be strategically more important to the US military especially as a stopping over/refueling place. With advances in technology, I think that is far less true today. I think we're a target to N. Korea in large part because we're one of the parts of the U.S. closest to N. Korea and thus one of the parts most likely that they can reach with a missle at least until their technology improves.

Comment

Working...
                              X