Farrah Fawcett Has Died (1947-2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farrah Fawcett Has Died (1947-2009)

Heard this mentioned in a chat room and had to look it up and its true...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8118426.stm

Re: Farrah Fawcett Has Died (1947-2009)

She was a fighter to the very end. As the documentary showed, Farrah conducted her battle with cancer with the kind of grace, dignity, and determination that not every patient of a terminal illness is able to muster. My prayers are with Ryan O'Neal and her family.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Rest In Peace Farrah Fawcett.

Lynn Vasquez
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I just saw news of her passing on TV. Bless her soul, she had a tough fight
        and as was previously said fought graciously. Condolences go out to Ryan,
        her son and those who loved her. Thanks Farrah. You are at peace now.

Comment

The 20/20 special show on her has been moved up to tonight instead of its usual Friday night schedule.

Comment

Had her poster on the wall in my bedroom in Jr. High. Smokin hot lady.

RIP
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I remember my older brother had her poster on his wall when he was a teen. I was a little kid and loved Charlie's Angels and thought she was so cool. She just seemed to exude that 70s California sunshine vibe so well (she was from Texas, but still...). She also showed real acting chops in the Burning Bed, Extremities, and Small Sacrifices. She'll be missed.

Condolences to her family and friends.
              Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

NPR's story today is reminding us that she was on Charlie's Angels for only one season . . .but it certainly branded her.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                  NPR's story today is reminding us that she was on Charlie's Angels for only one season . . .but it certainly branded her.

62 but died of cancer. R.I.P. Hun X Barry

Comment

As mentioned in another thread I worked with Farrah in the 1960s. Whenever I hear her name I think of her from that era. To my eyes she never aged and still looked gorgeous even during her last few months.

RIP, Farrah...you've earned that peace after such a valiant fight. This must be so tough on your dad and son and, yes, Ryan too.

Comment

I wish her family and friends all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                        Had her poster on the wall in my bedroom in Jr. High. Smokin hot lady.

RIP
                        I think we all had this poster on our walls. R I P Farrah. She was my favorite angel.

Comment

Farrah Fawcett had that something extra that separated her from other beautiful women. She was sexy, down to earth, and approachable. When you watch those sitcoms in the 70's on Nick at Nite TV Land, the hot girl on the show has the Farrah Fawcett's hairstyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                            She was a fighter to the very end. As the documentary showed, Farrah conducted her battle with cancer with the kind of grace, dignity, and determination that not every patient of a terminal illness is able to muster. My prayers are with Ryan O'Neal and her family.
                            Very well put. +1
                            What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                              Due to her then marriage to Lee Majors took a toll on her being on the show.
                              From what I read/heard that Lee was a VERY controlling husband who demanded that dinner be waiting and ready when he got home. I believe Lee was doing "Six Million Dollar Man" at the time and Angels came on during 1976.
                              Farrah did make cameo appearances now and then because I did watch the jiggle tv show then. And lets remember that when Farrah apruptly exited the show enter Cheryl Ladd who was introduced as Kris Munroe, Jill's Sister (Farrah Fawcett).

And As Already mentioned "Burning Bed" & "Extremities" were Farrah's best ever acting roles she has done in her career.

Comment

Working...
                              X